Arch/Antegros missing dependencies

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Arch, but I was happy to test, that BricsCAD worked OK on Manjaro with the custom installer.
Right now I'm trying to install BricsCAD on my laptop with Antegros which is also Arch based and should work. When I try to install the 64bit I get:

$ ./bricscad.sh
./bricscad: error while loading shared libraries: libpth.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when I try
$ ./bricscad
./bricscad: error while loading shared libraries: libcommands.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

with the 32bit installer I got similar problems, but saying that libcurl.so.4 not found, which if I check
$ pacman -Ql curl | grep /usr/lib/libcurl
curl /usr/lib/libcurl.so
curl /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4
curl /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.4.0

is installed!

does anyone have any idea on what I can do? I'm a mechatronics engineer student and doing programming on linux and also doing the mechanical design is essential!

Comments

• Dear Roland,

I advice to keep using the 64 bit version, and use bricscad.sh.  Calling bricscad directly or using the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system brings you further away.
    Of course you can look at bricscad.sh if you are curious.  Mainly it sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH so the libraries installed next to bricscad can be found by the loader.

The custom installer is a plain tar.gz and does not automatically install dependencies.
    The BricsCAD deb and rpm installers do install dependencies, but Pacman does not use deb or rpm.
    You might want to try Debtap to convert the BricsCAD deb installer to an Arch package.
    Let us know if Debtap happens to do the trick for you, it is useful to know for other Arch users.

Else you will have to install dependencies yourself.
    For what it's worth these are the dependencies for the deb installer:
    libc6, libcairo2, libexpat1, libfontconfig1, libgcc1, libice6, libcups2, libpth20, libcurl3

You can list missing libraries using ldd.
    Open a terminal in the bricscad installation folder, then call:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd bricscad
    It should list libraries and mention what libraries are not found.

Or you can just look at the load errors displayed when trying to run BricsCAD, and install the libraries one by one.

As far as I can tell you should install this library to get libpth.so.20:
    https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/pth/

Kind Regards
    Tijs Vermeulen
  • Hello everyone!

I'm new to Arch, but I was happy to test, that BricsCAD worked OK on Manjaro with the custom installer.
    Right now I'm trying to install BricsCAD on my laptop with Antegros which is also Arch based and should work. When I try to install the 64bit I get:

$ ./bricscad.sh
    ./bricscad: error while loading shared libraries: libpth.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when I try
    $ ./bricscad
    ./bricscad: error while loading shared libraries: libcommands.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

with the 32bit installer I got similar problems, but saying that libcurl.so.4 not found, which if I check
    $ pacman -Ql curl | grep /usr/lib/libcurl
    curl /usr/lib/libcurl.so
    curl /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4
    curl /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.4.0

is installed!

does anyone have any idea on what I can do? I'm a mechatronics engineer student and doing programming on linux and also doing the mechanical design is essential!
This discussion has been closed.