Visual style is not applied in drawing

Dear Friends,
    I changed the visual style in c++,the changed Style is updated in Visual Style table,that is it show the changed style as Current while running VisualStyle command,But the Chaged visual Style is not appplied in the Drawing,How to Solve it.please note that I Click on Current visual Style while running VisualStyle command then the Changed Visual style is applied in drawing.

Thank you friends,
with regards,
Nathan.

Comments

• maybe a REGEN (from your C++ code) as ads_regen() - which is undocumented, so you have to forward-declare
    "void ads_regen ()"
    or using acedCommand() should help ?

many greetings !
  •  Dear Torsten Moses,
         Thank you for your help.
         I tried REGEN by acedCommand()  ,It is not working.I also tried manually run REGEN Command but the Visual Style is not applied in the Drawing,When I run VisualStyles command and Select the Current Visual Style which is set by code,then the visual style is applied in drawing,How to Solve it.

Thank you for your help.
    With Regards,
    nathan
  • Dear Nathan,

can you send us a support request about this problem ? And if necessary a sample dwg containing the visual style (if it is not a nuilt-in style), and also a code snippet as you use ?
    We should be able to reproduce then - and of course to fix BRX / BricsCAd for the issue.
    many greetings !

•  Dear Torsten Moses,
         Thank you for Valuable reply.
         Yes i need your support.But I dont know how to send a support request.I am using a new drawing,In that drawing set the visual style as realistic then create a solid in that drawing,The problem is the created solid is not visible because of the visual style.When I run VisualStyles command and Select the Current Visual Style which is set by code,then the visual style is applied in drawing,That is the solid is visible,how to solve it?
    Thank you for your help,

With regards,
    Nathan
  • Dear Nathan,
    the "SupportRequest" (bug tracking system) is on main website under "Support" :-)

I will try to reproduce what you describe ...
    many greetings !
  • Dear Nathan,

do you use "_shademode" in acedCommand() ? as it will not allow to set "realistic", in opposite when you enter "_shademode" at prompt
    (this is for AutoCAD/ARX compatibility - several commands behave different in "programmed" execution, in opposite to "interactive" execution).

If CMDECHO=1 you will see error messages ...
    also check REGENAUTO=1

I tried this :
    [code]
        int rc = acedCommand(RTSTR, L"_zoom", RTSTR, L"_window", RTSTR, L"-15,-15", RTSTR, L"15,15", 0);
        rc = acedCommand(RTSTR, L"_-visualstyles", RTSTR, L"_current", RTSTR, L"_realistic", 0);

AcDb3dSolid* pSolid = new AcDb3dSolid();
        Acad::ErrorStatus es = pSolid->createBox(10,10,10);
        AcDbObjectId idSolid = addToDatabaseAndClose((AcDbEntity**)&pSolid);
    [/code]

and it works as expected ...
    hope this helps ?
  •   Dear Torsten Moses,
         Thank you for Valuable help.
           It Works,thanks again.

With regards,
    Nathan
  •  Dear Torsten Moses,
        I had an another problem,I want to rotate a Solid through MyCommand, I tried RTROT by acedCommand,the problem is RTROT Command is start when My Command is finished.I want to Run
    the RTROT in the  inbetween Mycommand command Start and End, that is before my command is finished,Is it possible?.If it possible please give your suggestion about how to implement it.

Thank you Friend,
    With regards,
    Nathan.
  • Dear Nathan,

I did some quick tests via Lisp ... seems not possible, for logical reasons :
    RTROT requires user interaction via mouse ... so different from normal integer/real/string input ...

So it seems not possible :-(
    but you can use _-vpoint to define a fixed view point ... maybe that is an option ?
    many greetings !
  •  
      Dear Torsten Moses,
         Thank you for Valuable help.
         Can you show the Vpoint implementation.

With regards,
    Nathan
  •   Dear Torsten Moses,
      I found a problem in bricscad,When executing a command in another document from current document using acDocManager->SendStringToExecute(pNewDoc) the command is run,then i tried Get an input from the user after the SendStringToExecute the input is failed without the user interaction also the document pNewDoc is activated as a current document,how to solve it? please give your Suggesstion.

Thank You for your help
    With Regards,
    Nathan
  • Dear Nathan,

I think we can not hold learning lessons here :-)
    For both VPOINT command and also usage of sendStringToExecute() - and especially its limitations - there are tons of examples on the web ...

But for real problems/bugs/issues, it is indeed best to send us a support/ request so that we can track this in our bug database, and have related colleagues involved.
    many greetings !
  •   Dear Torsten Moses,
      Thank you For Your help.
     Regards,
    Nathan
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!