Hatching overlapping areas with hatch in tool palette

Either I am doing something wrong, or hatch doesn't work the same on tool palettes as it does in the hatch command.

When I select a polyline I want to use as the boundary for my hatch (before I go to my hatch in the hatches tool palette), if it overlaps other areas it only hatches up to the first entity that it intersects, completely ignoring the fact I selected a closed polyline.

Is there a way to change this behaviour, so whatever is selected is the boundary?

I have attached a drawing which should explain what I am saying.

Comments

• Hello.

I also have hatches in a toolpalette and it works fine within your drawing.
    The command within my tool is: (command "_hatch" "E" "Ansi31" ".02" "0" "T" "S" "A" "")
    If I want to choose a pline as hatchborder I have to press "w" for "wählen" (german for choose) after selecting the tool.
    Does this help?

Greets,

Sascha
  • Sascha,

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try.

It's a shame you can't just drag and drop to a selected set of entities from the tool palette, as this would be by far the quickest way of hatching from a tool palette; as you can have all your favourite hatches with their layers and scale already set up for each specific requirement.

Maybe someone at Bricsys will see this and consider it for a future update.

Thanks again,

David Waight
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!