dmMove

Why does dmMove>Edge seem to work exactly like dmMove>Face?
How do I move just an edge i.e. 2 vertices and the selected edge between them, not 3 or 4 or more vertices and the face between them?
Will it act same when the ability to select just one vertex for dmMove arrives?
Why aren't Edge and Vertex simply SelectionModes options within DmPushPull, along with Face? Then dmMove>Solid could go because basic Move would do it.

Comments

• To move a single edge you can/should use the DmDeformMove command.
  • DmDeformMove seems to produce crazy results, shooting off to the horizon.
    What's the purpose of Selectionmodes>Edge then, if Selectionmodes>Face does exactly same job? What when Selectionmodes>Vertex comes along? (it's essential)
  • I myself have hardly used DmDeformMove. I just came across it in the Quad after reading your OP. I don't see 'crazy' results, but do find the command not that intuitive. The 'Direction' option is confusing.

Regarding SelectionModes:
    This mechanism does work. Try DmMoving an edge with POLAR=OFF and ORTHO=ON and you will see there is a difference between selecting a face and selecting an edge.
  • ... It would be nice if you could DmPushPull an edge. Maybe that is what you are looking for.
  • And a vertex, in due course - PushPull (face, edge or vertex) is one of the few things that works really well in Bentley 3D (though is illegal for use in BentleyBIM, causing demotion of BIM objects to mere solids!), though without the excellent Direction option that Brics has in dmExtrude and, you say, in dmDeformMove. In Brics 3D, I do feel there are too many almost-overlapping tools, though we do get used to it.
This discussion has been closed.