Annotative Text Issue (BricsCAD -> AutoCAD)

Hi,

I'm just writing today to see if anyone has experienced issues when using annotative text in BricsCAD?

Firstly, I have noted that BricsCAD seems to turn annotative multileaders to blocks which require exploding before being able to be used again in AutoCAD, secondly when opening a drawing which has been saved in BricsCAD the annotative text size increases.

I.e. If you have text set in AutoCAD to say 2.5 units in model space (thus 5 paperspace units at a 1:500m scale). Then you open the drawing in BricsCAD, edit something and save. When you then open the drawing back up the model text size is now 5 units and the paperspace is 10. It would seem the original paperspace unit value becomes the model space value after saving.

Anyone experience this?

Comments

• Hi Nic,

I have definitely suffered a lot with this problem. It happens with the old style leaders as well as multileaders. something very simple in the code is fundamentally wrong and BricsCAD scales the text size while also applying an annotation scale. e.g. If you have a text size of 1 unit and setup mutlileaders with a 1 : 10 annotation scale then next time you open the drawing the text size has been increased to 10 and 1:10 annotationscale is still being applied so the text is actually (and incorrectly) being displayed as 100 units high. They also have a problem of scaling the landing length twice as much as it should be. I have reported these bugs to Bricssys in Jun 2015 (Support request SR63497 and SR3410) but the bug has still not been resolved yet. I have been impressed with Bricsys response to most bugs in the past but this one has not been fixed and continues to frustrate. I have a lot of drawings that were crated in AutoCAD with leaders and multileaders in model space and views setup at 1 : 50 and 1 : 30 annotationscale. Once this bug occurs it completely stuffs up the drawing and we have to spend a lot of time putting leaders on paperspace as a workaround. (This happened to one of my staff again just the other day and he had to waste a whole day fixing it). But this workaround is not ideal because we also do a lot of drawings where we use different layers to show different installation configurations and some layers/multileaders are common to multiple configurations so we put them on a common layer. We then setup viewports on different sheets to show each configuration. Using the workaround means we have to duplicate information on separate sheets. NOTE: I don't like duplication because most times I see duplication done by anyone else in any drawing I have the assumption that there is a 90% change that the duplication is not correct (that is based on the principle of "do it once, do it right" and 20 years of experience seeing a lot of little stuff-ups).

NOTE: I am pretty sure BricsCAD stuffs up the multileaders as soon as you open the file or edit one. But the multlieaders are not updated until you next open it. i.e. You open a file and everything looks fine. You save the file and everything still looks fine. But next time you open the drawing it is all stuffed up.

I am surprised that no one else has reported a similar problem and expect a lot of other people must only put leaders on paperspace.

Please submit a support request so hopefully it will get them to focus on the problem and fix it.

• Do you guys know if these bugs have been fixed?

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!