License???????

Hey, What gives?Back in June of 2001 I bought a Permanent full commercial version License. I downloaded version 3.2.0001 and it tells me my license is invalid. I paid good money for a product I haven't been able to use until last month because of all the bugs in the program. Since I make my living using cad I've been using Icad98 because I know it works. You finally come out with a version(3.1.0009) that works albeit with some bugs and before you know it another version comes out but I have to buy this one and you don't say whether this is a complete upgrade or just the old version with patches. You guys made the offer a year ago of a permanent license and I bought and I think you should keep your part of the deal.

Comments

• I to bought a permanent license, commercial version and was told, after I installed the new version that, sorry, it wouldn't work until I paid more money. It does seem a little strange to me also.

• Lets see a copy of your alleged "permenet" license....please posta copy to this site so we can all benifit from your unique license that no one else seems to have?

• So how much stock do you own of Bricscad?

• Fortunately none....considering the state of the current tech stock market

• jeffson, Kevin,Sometime prior to March 14, 2000 I received a letter from Bricsnet saying they would add me to their list of users unless I wrote back and told them not to! I posted an "flaming" response on their forum. This was just after Visio was swallowed up by the MS juggernaut, similar to Generic Cadd being swallowed up by Uncle Otto Cadd. On March 14, 2000 I registered with Bricsnet. Under the heading of expiration date: "Permanent License" The product was Intellicad 2000. Also posted on their website was a notice that minor upgrades were free, but upgrade to a new version number would require payment. The version was 2.2.0016c from my original 2.0.0022 and I've upgraded freely since then, incuding version 3.1.0005. Upgrading from version 2.x.xxx to 3.x.xxxx is a new version number to my way of thinking. I did not question Bricscad, thinking that maybe a new policy was instituted when it went from Bricsnet to Bricscad. So paying for the upgrade to 3.2.00001, which I have done, seems to me to just be Bricscad's way of living up to their original terms. Every time the status of my license is printed out on any form is still reads "permanent license" and to me it is a "permanent license" to use their software. A couple of years of free upgrades is a lot better treatment than you get from many software vendors. NO, I DO NOT OWN ANY BRICSCAD STOCK WHAT SO EVER!!!Sorry to be so long winded. As for bugs, I was told at Chubb School for computer programming that there are still "bugs" in the original IBM mainframe operating system that just have not been found yet. Version 11 of Uncle Otto would not even open it's own DXF files on the Sun Sparc Stations we used to use it on. It is not a perfect world! BricsCad has been making "bug" progress and hopefully will continue to do so. Cadopia has been promising a new version for months now and just announced "beta" testing was to begin. I sent them an email, to become a beta tester, two weeks ago and have yet to hear back. I sent them a 5 meg *.dwg file with problems almost a year ago and have not heard back. But I am not registered with them either.Pheewww!!! I would like a stable, bugfree, cad package, but I do not think any of them are. Version 13 of Uncle OTTO for example."Windy" Al Pepling

• QUESTION???Why does the forum register me as "guest"?Al Pepling

• AP..Your being treated as a guest out of respect I presume....Thanks for the description of your experiences about IC.....sounds similar to ours...except we only had email contacts from them during the change overs.I wish to register my vote for concentrating on bug fixes over and above adding new features....please, please, pleaseThe latest bug we have found is in the trial version of Bricscad version of 3.2....IC 3.2 creates "from scratch" native dwg files that causes Acad 2002 to lock up with an "internal error" message amd messages about VB1 corruption, when trying to open the file with Acad 2002 that was orginally 100% created by IC 3.2 ? Bad news indeed !!The single most important feature of IC has been native dwg file compatibility with Acad....if that is lost, then IC becomes much much less desireable as a product at any price, probably close to worthless for our office

• .......i own as well a permanent license for icad and architecturals.it works fine with all updates on to the latest version .now i want to install the german version that came out recently :when i uninstall ´classicly´by controlpanel/software the german version doesn´t accept my reg.key...but it still works when i reinstall the american version....what registrykey is to kill...?

• As explained on this forum elsewhere, a permanent license is valid for all versions of the software that have the same major version number. Therfore a 'permanent license key' for version 2.x does not apply to version 3.x. However, there is one exception: the license manager in version 3.1 still accepts license keys of version 2.x. Starting from version 3.2 you need a new license key.

• was just on intellicad.org where press announcement for release July 19, 2002 states intellicad 2001, version 3.3 was released! How does this 3.3 compare to 3.2.0001? Will a revision to 3.2.0001 be forthcoming?Al Pepling

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!