V16 areas etc watch out

First open the attached file in V15. touch the contour and check the area. ( 120) Close it without saving (in my World this is a 120m² house)
Now open the file in V16 and do the same thing. ( now 83,9)

I made an offer to a client based on what I measured from the drawing fortunately I wrote the areas calcuated.
V16 sees the drawing as beeing imperial. Very scary !

I dont know if this is a feature or a bug . I did put in an SR .

Comments

• Patrik,
    the problem is in your drawing - it has insunits set to 1 (inches), while you seem to think of them as millimeters.
    The fact that V15 lists the unformatted area value while V16 displays the area in square feet is due to three new variables: PROPUNITS, AREAUNITS and VOLUMEUNITS - have a look at the settings dialog or the release notes...
  • Yep I know now and I realized as soon as someone told I was off on areas. The problem is I that I did not see it coming. If I measured distance it was correct.

My take on this is that units should always be displayed.  I get loads of drawings from all around and don't want to go through setting the first thing I do with them. If you can change the displayed units you have to know what is shown.

• But the units are shown in the Properties Bar: 'ft2' or 'm2' etc.
  • Ok I see that now I never saw it Before ! I did not even se it when I got upset. THX
This discussion has been closed.