Bricscad and Adobe InDesign conflict

Recently some people in our office have had issues where they are unable to open InDesign if Bricscad is open. When we open InDesign with Bricscad running, InDesign hangs. If we close Bricscad then we can open InDesign. Is anyone aware of any conflicts between the two programs?

Windows 7 Professional
Bricscad v14.2.17 (x64)
Adobe InDesign CS6 version 8.0

Comments

• I have the exact same behaviour over here, never noticed it before. I'm not sure because i was never running both programs at the same time, or because of older versions of both programs (i assume the latter).

I only stumbled upon the solution (closing Bricscad) because I remembered having seen your post. Thanks for that  ;)
  • Who hasn't had trouble with Adobe products?
  • @Lukas Fertig: Glad I could help. I just wish I could find a more permanent solution.
  • Who hasn't had trouble with Adobe products?

I am sure we have all had issues in the past, however, this has only been happening recently. Hoping I could find a permanent solution to resolve the issue. Can anyone at BricsCAD please respond to this thread?
  • I have the exact same behaviour over here, never noticed it before. I'm not sure because i was never running both programs at the same time, or because of older versions of both programs (i assume the latter).

I only stumbled upon the solution (closing Bricscad) because I remembered having seen your post. Thanks for that  ;)

Glad I could help. I just wish I could find a permanent solution to the issue. Closing BricsCAD shouldn't be the way to fix it. Does anyone know if both programs use shared libraries/DLL's?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!