Brickscad 16.2 Crash on start

Recently i have installed Brickscad 16.2 and Cadpower 17, now my installation crashes as soon as i start brickscad with error as mentioned in the attachment, i have uninstalled and reinstalled both the softwares but problem still persists.

Comments

• The problem seems to be related with Tool Palettes. You could try to rename your tool palettes folder from Support path and see if the error still occurs.
    In any case I would file a support request and attached the crash report file.
  •  Dear  Bogdan Lupu,
    Thanks for your reply, now whenever i start brickscad immediately this screen appears and cannot proceesd further.
    Screenshot attached.
    image2016-04-04 (2).png
  • It's possible that the problem is from Cadpower as they have a custom cui which may be loaded when Bricscad starts. Do you get same problem when uninstalling Cadpower?
    The crash_report.txt it's very helpful to localize the problem. Still I would suggest you to report the problem.

• Dear Mr. Shrikant / Bogdan,

The problem certainly is coming from our CADPower software but the strange thing is that this is happening only on Mr. Shrikant's laptop. We have CADPower V17 running on several other systems with no problems.

I have tried investigating the problem today over TeamViewer and could not yet pin-point the problem. Can we connect again tomorrow and try figuring this mysterious problem. In the mean-time, as Bogdan suggested, please try and find our crash report file and send it across to me or Bricsys for investigation.

Best Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    Smarter .dwg CAD

• Dear Shrikant,

We investigated the problem (crash report) with Bricsys help and, as per their suggestion, we moved the CADPower support folder down the list in the BricsCAD path, instead of being at the top (first) (see attached). This solved the problem and BricsCAD does not crash.

This is not a solution but a workaround for now.

The strange thing is that it happens only with certain computers and not all. And it happens only with CADPower V17 and not V16.

Bricsys support suggested that there could be something wrong with my partial CUI so I am going to re-compile it and upload a CADPower V 17.01 fix ASAP.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Best Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    Smarter .dwg CAD
    imageCapture.PNG
  • I'm encountering the same on a Windows 10 laptop with version 16.2.08.

I do not have CAD Power installed. However I do have other 3rd party apps installed.
  • Remove all the add-ons then make sure you have a stable BricsCAD only install (I've seen spooky stuff on Win10 so don't rule that out).  Then slowly one-by-one begin reinstalling the add-ons until you find the problem.
  • Also this might help (in case an older V15 based cui menu file was copied to user's default folders, by migrating settings, at first BricsCAD start) :

copy the "default.cui" from BricsCAD's program folder ./UserDataCache to users normal support folder
    (run menuload / cuiload / cui to see where the actual menu/cui is loaded from)

This helped already in same cases.
    many greetings !
  •  This one has been interesting. I did not get BricsCAD running without attempting many things. I think the source of the issue was a cui file but it may have included a corrupt profile as well.

My main CUI = User.cui which partially loads Company.cui which partially loads Default.cui. After recreating User.cui things seem to be running as expected.
This discussion has been closed.