Exporting Blocks List to Excel

Morning all,

We are currently plotting our scaffolding in 3D using BricsCAD, and I've noticed that the blocks list will keep a look of all instances of the components we insert. This is very handy to work out quants of the gear, as it is a system scaffold. Doing it by hand is fine until we come to the more complex models where we could have an endless block list. Does anyone know of a way (possibly using lisp?) that we could export the blocks list into a excel file or similar editable format? Basically like a bill of quantities, based on the blocks list.

Appreciate any advice on this, as it would be great bonus of using BricsCAD.

Thanks,
Rory

Comments

• I would take a look at DATAEXTRACTION

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

•  The following link should lead you to a lisp file that should do what you're looking for. Note that it was designed for AutoCAD, and might have problems working with Bricscad.
  •  Jason,

Thank you for the info. I tested this out but couldn't get it to just export the block names and quantities. Seems to export just the general data about the block, rather than the quants.

Denis,

Just tested this and it works like a charm, had no issued integrating into BricsCAD. Thanks very much for the link.

Thanks,
    Rory Brady
  •  Jason,

Thank you for the info. I tested this out but couldn't get it to just export the block names and quantities. Seems to export just the general data about the block, rather than the quants.

DATAEXTRACT does work. Most likely you are selecting to many parameters to report on. DATAEXTRACT will only combine identical rows, so if you've included something like the insertion point to extract, then you won't get a combined count as these will likely differ.

Attach some screengrabs to illustrate what i did to achieve a basic block count extract. The last page is the key one. You essentially de-select everything, then make sure combine equal rows is checked.

Another option would be to use the tools available within your spreadsheet application such as CountIf

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

imageDataExtract-03.png
    imageDataExtract-01.png
    imageDataExtract-02.png
    imageMydata.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!