extent of drawing

it happens sometimes that a sheet possibly gets corrupted, let me explain.  when i attempt to zoom in on the extent of the drg, it disappears into the far distance.  when i "select all", the ALL on the right side above the properties says 1237.  when i zoom in just on the drg, the ALL says 1194.  so there are 43 bits of info that are so off-camera that it renders the original unseen.  any ideas how to fix?

Comments

• I would not call this corruption - you just seem to have created some entities far out of the intended drawing extends (maybe you should have a look at the "LIMITS" command to prevent this from happening).
    Type "ERASE" "O" and draw a selection window around your sheet - this will delete everything else. "ZOOM" "E"  should then display the area you want.
  • Possibly some erroneous objects generated in the course of creating the drawing. A common one is bringing in invisible (PDMODE = 1) POINTs when inserting survey data from other sources.

You could try zooming into your title block, then with ERASE use one of the 'Outside' selection options such as 'Outside Window'.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

•  i appreciate the advice, but it did not work.
  •  i appreciate the advice, but it did not work.
    If you suspect a drawing to be corrupted, please feel free to file a support request. Our analysts will be glad to investigate what might be wrong.
  • Perhaps locked layers are preventing the erasing of the 'rogue' entities?
  • If you suspect a drawing to be corrupted, please feel free to file a support request. Our analysts will be glad to investigate what might be wrong.
    I've had a maybe related SR68031 in for a while.
  • ... The faraway entities may also be part of block or 3D solids. Which would make it harder to correct the problem.
  •  Personally, my approach has been to zoom into  my actual drawing. Then, zoom out perhaps 1000x. Then, I use a crossing window to select areas away from the center.  This is so that I do not get anything in the actual drawing.  Hopefully, you will find something.  Then, I use the properties or a list to examine what they are.  As Roy has mentioned, it may be part of a block.  If so, then I can edit the block and remove the offending object.  But, it is good to zoom in, and examine what the offending parts are, in case they were something you actually need.  

These things can arise from moving a part of a block 3.0625" away when editing it, but accidentally omitting the .  so that it ends up 30625" away.  Or perhaps using the foot mark ' instead of the inch mark ", which would multiply the position by 12x.

-Joe
  • From my SR 68031 (still unsolved):
    from the OP in the SR: "when I click e.g. Top in the LookFrom gizmo, it zooms often way off the screen in unknown direction, much scrolling and/or SpacePiloting to find it and get it back. AFAIK there's no rogue entity way off in the distance"
    Note, it's not a Zoom Extents - if so I'd still be able to see the model, hoiwever small.

from most recent in the SR, 28 March: "I just noticed that the 3 rotated copies of the site plan Block each have an unselectable outlying point, at 850k,-768k,0; -467k,-435k,0; -83k,932k,0. Could these be the culprits?"
    Note that the 3 points are unselectable, so don't show up in Joe Dunfree's method.
This discussion has been closed.