Disappearing menu bars

Sometimes, when placing a menu bar into my menu layout (moving it in from elsewhere on screen) it moves the closest existing menu bar nearby to somewhere outside the menu area and I can't seem to move the original back into place, nor can I find it.  I have tried turning the missing menus off and then back on again but they are nowhere to be found.  So far, I have lost two menu bars this way and can't seem to figure out how to get them back on screen.  Does anyone know how?  Thank you.

Comments

• If a docked toolbar is displayed off-screen you can make it visible again by undocking the neighboring toolbars that are causing the problem. This works on Windows at least.
  • >If a docked toolbar is displayed off-screen you can make it visible again by undocking the neighboring toolbars that are causing the problem. This works on Windows at least.
    This does not work in BricsCAD(Mac).

You can get back your 'lost' toolbar like this:
    - open the CUI dialog, go to workspaces tab
    - locate the toolbar in the current workspace
    - set it to floating
    - now drag it where you want

This is not ideal, but at least it gets you going.

Regards
    Tijs
  •  Thanks, guys!  Sorry for the late reply.  I haven't tested this yet but will let you know if for some reason it doesn't work.
  • Tijs, per your comment of April 2016, pertaining to Mac version, making hidden toolbars "floating" to bring them back does not usually work. Sometime it does, but most often not. This as of V17.2.13

• making hidden toolbars "floating" to bring them back does not usually work

I cannot reproduce. I suspect it is OSX version specific.

Meanwhile a "toolbar actions" context menu was added.
    Right-click or control-click on the grip-bar of a docked toolbar in the same dock area (top, bottom, left or right) as the hidden toolbar, and choose the action "Wrap" to bring all toolbars back into view.

This was added as an alternative for the windows workaround "If a docked toolbar is displayed off-screen you can make it visible again by undocking the neighboring toolbars that are causing the problem. This works on Windows at least.". Indeed, on windows toolbar wrapping happens automatically.

• Nigel Protter
    edited December 2017

The toolbar actions menu is very helpful. Much more precise and predictable method of staging BricsCAD's jumpy, quirky toolbars. I noticed it is not in the Windows version 17 or 18, why is it Mac only?

• When we went to V16, I could never get the mechanical browser to display on the screen. It was present in the customization menu. I fussed with it for WEEKS. Tech support didn't know what was happening. I finally reduced the size of the BricsCAD window and shoved it to the right of my desktop. Sure enough the mechanical browser had been hidden BEHIND the window. Perhaps the same approach would work on your toolbar.

• I have used the windows version of Bricscad for many years on my laptop - All Good. I would like to use the Mac version on my desktop - But find it very clunky and unusable. For example - I can not set up the toolbars how I want them. They have a mind of their own. I try to relocate and modify them but they will not hold. Some disappear - Some revert to a default - Some turn off - Some turn on. Sometimes the toolbars will "do their own thing" at any random point in time whilst I am trying to relocate them. I have wasted hours trying to set up the working environment. Maybe it is me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I never have these issues with the windows version which works fine.

• No, it is not your fault.
    I have the same problem and opposed to Windows, Mac version so far
    is a totally different experience in many ways.

I also have lots of issues with UI Customization and filed several SRs.
    Would be nice if you do the same, maybe you have better cases and
    more understandable descriptions which helps developers to nail
    it down.

This discussion has been closed.