Inserting excel spreadsheet into a drawing

Hey All,
I'm having an intermittent issue where I select a range of cells in an Excel spreadsheet, copy them to the clipboard, and then paste them into BricsCAD.  On some occasions, a portion of the selected range will be truncated when I paste the sheet into BricsCAD.  It's happened where  the bottom few rows have been truncated and it's happened where the right side columns have been truncated.  I can open the drawing in AutoCAD and do the paste just fine and then reopen it in BricsCAD and everything is fine.
I'm going to be dropping the AutoCAD license though so I'm hoping someone here can offer a workaround that will allow me to consistently get the entire range of cells to paste.  I'm doing the paste onto a paperspace layout rather than in model space if that makes a difference.  Also, for the most recent case, I'd already pasted two other spreadsheets onto the same layout without an issue.
Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• You may want to check out the (free) excellent BKG TableData app:
    http://www.b-k-g.nl/bkg_tabledata.html

• Since  BricsCAD V16.2.08 considerably larger ranges of cells can be copy/pasted from Excel into BricsCAD, the range used to be rather restricted.

•  Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the quick replies.  I think I should try the update process first as it seems like the simplest.  I checked my version number for BricsCad and it is 16.2.05.  I clicked the "update" option in the help menu and it simply took me to the Bricksys web site where it shows the current version as 16.2.09.  There doesn't appear to be an "update" option there.  It looks like I simply have the option to download the new version.  I'm new to this program so I'm wondering if that's how we do incremental updates with BricsCAD.
    Thanks for your help
  •  Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the quick replies.  I think I should try the update process first as it seems like the simplest.  I checked my version number for BricsCad and it is 16.2.05.  I clicked the "update" option in the help menu and it simply took me to the Bricksys web site where it shows the current version as 16.2.09.  There doesn't appear to be an "update" option there.  It looks like I simply have the option to download the new version.  I'm new to this program so I'm wondering if that's how we do incremental updates with BricsCAD.
    Thanks for your help
    Hi Richard,
    Just download the new installset (for 16.2.09) and store it at one of your computer's folder.  Pay attention to your CPU's version: 32-bit or 64-bit.
    After finished the download, simply double-click on its name and confirm the usual questions.
    It will update V16 to its newest version.
    Best regards,
    Miguel
  •  Thanks Miguel and to all of you guys for your help.  I'm sure I'll have other questions as I transition so it's really great to know there is such a robust community of users.
    You guys have a great day,
    Rick
This discussion has been closed.