BricsCAD v16 deployment on Windows 10

Hi,

We have successfully deployed previous version of Bricscad on previous versions of Windows before.
So, if a user requests the software we direct them to the SCCM Application Catalog so they can install it themselves.

However, on Windows 10 the software doesn't automatically activate.
It doesn't accept the product key during installation.
Bricscad does install successfuly, when started it prompts for activation.
If we enter the product key manually it activates succesfuly.

We have a mixed environment:
Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (both x86 and x64).
It works on all previous version, except on Windows 10.

This is the install string (example for x64):
msiexec /i "BricsCAD-V16.1.05-4-en_US(x64).msi" /qn ADDDESKTOPSHORTCUT="" SHOWRELEASENOTES="" BRXLICENSEKEY="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

I have tried to use an MST file instead of the MSI property and also tried to hard code the property in the MSI using Orca.
It still doesn't auto activate on Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• I think your best option is to file a Support Request.  Bricscad staff monitors these forums but it generally takes a SR to get an issue into their system to be fixed.
  •  Anyone?

The only thing I can add is that I've had more success with the /passive flag than the /qn flag in regards to Bricscad install scripts.  I haven't tried the issue you're having specifically.
  • Well it just doesn't work.
    I've tried several combinations of install switches.
    The Bricscad Help is just a copy/paste of all previous versions :)
  • FYI...
    I've created a Support Ticket and they acknowledged a problem with automatic activation on Windows 10.
    They've (very quickly) released version V16.2.09-3 which is working fine.

I've tested this with SCCM using the following install string:
    msiexec /i "BricsCAD-V16.2.09-3-en_US(x64).msi" /qn ADDDESKTOPSHORTCUT="" SHOWRELEASENOTES="" BRXLICENSEKEY="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx"

It's working fine now.
    Great and quick support from Bricsys. I'm impressed.
This discussion has been closed.