Bricscad LAN real-time collaboration

Does Bricscad have support for LAN collaborations? 

We currently have a file server mounted via SSHFS, where we store our DWG files. Let's say user A opens and edits a DWG file, then user B opens the same file and also edits it. Is there a way to have the edits from both user reflect on the DWG file, instead of one overriding the other?

If there's currently no way to do this, is it possible at all to have this functionality?

Thanks.

Comments

• As of V16, BricsCAD does not solely rely on the locking mechanism of the (network) filesystem anymore, but creates lock files, so you should be reasonably well protected against data loss caused by concurrent write access. However, the functionality you seem to have in mind can not be achieved by mere file sharing, it would require some kind of database system running on the server to coordinate the edits by entity-level locking. Nothing in that direction has been announced by Bricsys, and for my part, I do not eagerly await it - we use such a system (Archicad Teamwork) in our office, and I avoid it where I can. The xref/refedit functionality already allows for quite a degree of collaboration through granularity, while keeping things simple (from a technical point of view; organizing your data may be no mean feat).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!