Model tab on ribbon disappeared

Hi,

Spent about 2 hours trying to look this up.  No luck.  V 16 help, forums, or search engine.

I had a Model tab appearing on my ribbon in V16.2.09 Platinum.  Later it was gone.  On my laptop the Model tab is there.  I tried the Customize dialog/Ribbon tab/left panel/BRICSCAD node/Ribbon tabs node.  But, the radio buttons do not blacken when clicked.  "Customize ribbon.png"  I get the same behavior in "Ribbon panels" node.

Any suggestions on how to get the Model tab on the ribbon to come back?  Or, even to see if this ribbon has a name and I could choose 'other' ribbons?

Comments

• P.S.
    The desktop ribbon, with no Model tab, looks like this: "desktop ribbon.png"

The laptop ribbon, which has the model tab, is: "laptop ribbon.png"
    imagedesktop ribbon.png
    imagelaptop ribbon.png
  • The ribbons in your last post seem to belong to different workspaces: 'Mechanical' and '3D modeling'. So the easiest solution would be to choose the same workspace on both computers.
    Information on (customizing) the Ribbon can be found in the Help:
    > User Guide > Customizing BricsCAD > Ribbon
    Searching for 'Ribbon' in both the on-line and off-line Help will bring up a list with this as the first item.
  • The ribbons in your last post seem to belong to different workspaces...

Thanks Roy,

I was not aware of Workspaces, or that each one had a different ribbon.  So, right clicking the Current Workspace field of the status bar brings a list of workspaces.  This is how I can see a list of Workspaces, or change the ribbon of a Workspace.
    "choose ws or change ribbon.png"

That solves my problem.

imagechoose ws or change ribbon.png
This discussion has been closed.