Relative Paths in CUI?

I'm trying to develop my own default.cui, in order to make use of Workspaces. BricsCAD (v15) doesn't seem to recognise a partial CUI reference if I attempt to use a relative path.

Does relative pathing work? If so what is it relative to? (I assumed, since the default.cui can be located anywhere, that it would be relative to the location of that file)

Comments

• Don't think so. As you're probably aware, by default the full path gets used when add partial cui. Same happens with Tool Palettes. My method to get around this is to strip the path out completely, and instead add the path(s) to the support file search path (SRCHPATH).

My understanding on the order BricsCAD looks for files is:
    1. Within the current Drawing where applicable e.g. Block definition
    2. In the folder of the currently opened drawing.
    3. In the 'Start In' folder specified in the shortcut used to start BricsCAD with.
    4. In the folders specified in the support file search path (SRCHPATH). BricsCAD searches in the order the folders are listed.
    5. For Xrefs, Images, and PDFs (not sure about other dependencies). If a PROJECTNAME has been set for the current  drawing, BricsCAD will look in the Folders (ProjectSearchPaths) specified by the PROJECTNAME. Again BricsCAD searches in the order the folders are listed.
    BricsCAD stops searching as soon as it finds the file it is looking for.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

•  Thanks Jason.. Support files path works for me :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!