Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better resolution for paperspace

Is possible define better "DPI/resolution" for Paper space?
I understand why detailed part drawing ie. pump, printed in 1:50 look like "smudge", it's because model is generated to virtual paper, like real and if are 10 lines with 0,5 mm weight between, it must look like "smudge".

But I mean, if is Viewport set to 1:50, it will be printed 1:50 on paper and also virtually I see and can zoom max. to 1:50, not behind (like 1:25 for better details).

If I print from this PDF, it's OK, but If I want view this PDF on monitor, I want see here more details, is this possible?

With detail like if I make scaled drawing frame in model and print from model.

Exactly I mean like this "hack" - but some direct set from BricsCAD:
- need print "hires" in 1:50
- make paper space
- make viewport, but not 1:50, but 1:5
- print it not 1:1 abut 1:10
- and this is what I need (but quite correct, beacsuse if I understand well PDF can't have "dynamic" lineweight according to scale, like it have model space)

Comments

•  The quality of PDF depend a lot on how it is generated. I find that PDF generators installed as virtual printers do tend to yield pixelated results, which is reasonable given that the output is directed at a virtual page.

Have you tried using the Publish command and, with it, BricsCAD's built-in PDF generator? Rather than generating bitmaps, this approach leverages the underlying PostScript engine in PDF to output vector objects.

There are also effects from the type of viewport being printed. A 2D wireframe can be rendered as vectors more easily than a shaded solid model.
  •  Richard Webb said;
    > There are also effects from the type of viewport being printed. A 2D wireframe can be rendered
    >  as vectors more easily than a shaded solid model.

Actually, I think that a 2D wireframe, or Legacy Hidden, are the only  type of rendering that is vector.  Everything else produces pixels. 

For a true shaded view, I know some other CAD programs allow the option of overlaying vectors on top of the shaded view.  This permits it to use a lower resolution (and file size), while still permitting crisp lines.  But, I don't think there is any way to do this in BricsCAD.

-Joe
  • If I understand correctly, the problem is line weights which do not adjust according to zoom magnification.
    I don't use line weights so I cannot make a suggestion.
    Do you need to?
    Many people use layer colours to associate pen thicknesses when printing, then everything appears thin on screen.
    Some drafting standards do not allow line weights.
  •  I think the issue may be one that I recently had discussed in a thread.  One of the issue is that solids ignore their line weight settings.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.