Problems to save on server

Hi,
I recently upgraded to ubuntu 16.04, and I have a problem with BricsCAD to save on server. Never before I had happened to me.
When I try to save changes to an existing file (on server), I get an error (image error_1), and when I try to save a new drawing (on server) I get another error (image_error_2).
The first error tells me that the drawing can not be saved because it is open or read-only, but It's not true.
The second error tells me that the drawing can not be saved because there is insufficient disk space, and It's not true

This problem only happens with BricsCAD.
I can work normally on the server, with read and write permissions

Some idea....

My linux version:
Linux Dell 4.4.0-22-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 12 22:03:46 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comments

• I think we have encountered the same issue earlier at our office.

Short answer:
    If you have any non enlish characters in your (server) save path you can not use the BricsCAD CPU multi-threading functionality for loading/reloading of dwg-files. Just disable it, it will only make insignificant difference as long as your files are not really heavy:

Set 'Settings/System/Multi-Threading Flags' to '0'

Hope this will help you.
    Regards
    Mikael
  • Well this is true that many people dont know how to operate computer many as many people dont know how to save something or anything on server this post is really great as it shows everything and explain everything what a user need. fateh
  •  What a rant! 

I, to,  have problem saving to  server. On my trial with   Bricscad V16   anyway . This and free other things need to be sorted Before i  commit   to upgrade. Saving on local drive and then uploading  is  far from satisfactory. Is it   some file locking issue?  at the end it doesn't matter. 

All the Best
     Marcin   
  •  What a rant! 

I, to,  have problem saving to  server. On my trial with   Bricscad V16   anyway . This and free other things need to be sorted Before i  commit   to upgrade. Saving on local drive and then uploading  is  far from satisfactory. Is it   some file locking issue?  at the end it doesn't matter. 

All the Best
     Marcin   
  • Did you try to fix the issue by following my instructions?

I am on BricsCAD 16.2.11 beta and no issues to save to our server mounted with sshfs. Not even with non-english characters in the save path as long as no multi threading flags are enabled.

Regards
    Mikael
  • I also have no issues to save files with national characters in file name in multi threading mode on samba and nfs shares.
This discussion has been closed.