memory leak

I just encountered something what they call 'memory leak' I believe.
Working with 16.2.10 would be quite joyful if there were not those random crashes and hangs.
Just yesterday I simply copied something a couple of times, noticing that activity monitor shows BricsCad using increasingly memory until it hangs - pumping virtual memory up to almost 60GB.
Seriously, as much I like BricsCad it is not ready being used in a production environment. Not like this.
I appreciate that issues are being fixed and features being streamlined. But a stable app is just everything.

regards,

Clemens

Comments

• Your comments are too unspecific to let anybody track down the issue...
    just a guess: did the something you copied around include images?
  •  True, my comments were quite unspecific.

I was working late night when it happend, that's why I was so annoyed.
    No I was not copying pictures. Just plain polylines consisting of two segments. After the third copy with the command being active - beachball - memory running out of the bucket.
    Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the leak today.

BricsCad crashes lots of times under different circumstances. Zooming while moving an Xref is almost a guarantee to get instant crashes.
  • I never stumbled over your xref-problem on linux (where I usually run Bricscad in gdb to get a backtrace when it crashes), so I cannot help.
    All I can say is that - whenever I was able to nail a bug down - they fixed it.
    Did you get some guidance on how to produce meaningful bug reports on a mac? I never bothered to find out what MacOS has in store for debugging purposes...
This discussion has been closed.