Is there a way to create a new layer that inherits the properties of the currently selected layer in

This is something I miss from my other CAD program.  We create a lot of layers that are only slight variations of each other and it saves a lot of time to just duplicate a layer and ll of its properties, then change the name slightly, rather than starting from scratch every time.

Comments

•  As far as I'm aware, this is the default behavior in BricsCAD; color, line type and weight, transparency, print/no-print, and material. There might be a setting variable that controls this? Works for copy/paste and New.
  • In my software, PricsCAD Pro, Version 14.2.11 (x64) and previous versions, when I create a new layer, the layer is named newlayer1, white, continuous linetype every time.
    Is there a toggle for this?

• The only way that I know to make this happen is
    1. choose the layer you want to duplicate
    2. choose copy
    3. change the name of that original layer slightly
    4. choose paste.

If I just choose paste, I get a message asking me if I want to overwrite the existing layer.  If I say yes, it essentially does that and there is no new layer.

• FYI: new layers inherit the properties of the currently selected layer since BricsCAD V15.1.14
  • Ha. 
    Now I have a reason to upgrade.  Thanks.
  • There is a trick for the copy/paste name collision. Copy the layer and then click the name and change it to what you want the NEW layer name to be. Now a paste operation will create a layer with the original name and you've got two layers identical except for the names. Change that name, paste, repeat for multiple layers.

But, you should still upgrade.  ;-)
This discussion has been closed.