Can't overwrite exported dxf files

Before I send a support request, I thought I would put this question to the knowledgeable users.

I constantly export .dxf files to run a CNC machine, I give the file the name of a previously exported file, just to keep the directory small.

After a while even though Bricscad reports that the file already exists and do I want to overwrite it, I reply yes, but it doesn't overwrite it.

I can export as a different file name, no problem.

I am exporting across a network and can't delete the file as explorer reports that it is open in Bricscad!

There is obviously something going on that makes the file think it is already open in Bricscad.

The only way I can delete the .dxf file is to close Bricscad and then I can delete it, even though it is on a different computer!

Sometimes the original .dwg file reports that it is open as a read only, even though I have been working and saving it for quite a while.

I don't know if the two are related and whether it has anything to do with the new file locking, as I haven't had this on previous versions and no other infrastructure has changed.

Thanks for any help in advance.

David

Comments

•  Hi David

Yes i also have had this problem on many occasions, i think it's there SaveAs command,i can't remember exactly but i think if i type DXFOUT that may have worked.
    cheers
    Jim

This discussion has been closed.