Linetypes slowing drawing down

Hi,

I have a 4MB drawing with lots of services. I have set the linetypes to reflect the different services. All entities are polylines (flat). The drawing is HORRENDOUSLY slow. 25minutes to regen. 25mins to plot etc. Totally unworkable.

Ver 15 of BricsCAD. Is there a trick I am missing?

Regards...

Alan

Comments

• Is there any reason to consider that it's linetypes slowing you down? You could try setting LTSCALE to a large value to confirm whether this is the case.

linetypes can be a problem if you have a small LTSCALE value, and a big difference in scale between modelspace and paperspace. To minimise this being an issue you would make sure the PSLTSCALE is ON for each of your paperspace layouts, check MSLTSCALE is ON in model space, then set the annotation scale (CANNOSCALE) to match the largest scale used by your paperspace vports, or just set it to a large value.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts

•  Hi, Jason,

I have the polylines in an xref without line type specification. I then xref it into the drawing(s) to sit atop long & cross sections. In the main drawing I have applied the linetypes to le layers of services. The xref on its own where there is no linetype spec it is easy to manipulate in side the main drawing it is slow. Your suggestion to make LTSCALE large worked - thanks. I have then just deleted stuff in the xref for the first batch of drawings as I am being chased. Will look at your suggestions tonight.

Thanks
  • Another method, assuming you have linetypes defined bylayer is to try setting up some LAYERSTATES. One to capture your 'print ready state' with correct linetypes applied, another state with all linetypes set to continuous.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts
  • @ Alan:
    Do the linetype definitions perhaps contain texts? And if so, do you use SHX or TTF fonts?
This discussion has been closed.