File Dialogues

Not specifically a Bricscad question, but it effects me often in Windows using Bricscad.
Open, Saveas or Recent dialogues don't show enough of a file name and path to know if it's aiming at the right Drive or sometimes even Directory.
It's more annoying now with large disks and multiple partitions, where I sometimes work on a backed up file (basically copied) from other than drive C.
Then it continues to focus on the wrong drive, I can end up working on backed up files.
The full name doesn't show up until the file is open and full path shows at the top of the screen, with Windows folder options enabling 'full path' to show.
Does anyone know of a solution, probably a windows tweak if there is one at all.

Comments

• To avoid that same type of confusion, I insert a lower-case "c" as a prefix to any folder on my C-drive that would otherwise have the same name as a folder on the server. The lower case of the prefix makes it very noticeable, since we use heading or sentence case for folder names.
  • Thanks Anthony. Using a backup system that just plain copies as I do, I fear I would just be copying cDirectorynames onto drive D or F.
    Using Listary is as close as I have got to a solution - it shows the full path to folders or files, it's an extra step each time just to be sure I'm on the right drive and path.
This discussion has been closed.