what is setting for segment count of displayed cylinders?

Tried to search this, no luck.  I just don't know the name of the setting.

How do I make my cylinders (3D solid) display nice and round?  I see a very polygon like cylinder in my new drawing. 

"segmenty cylinder.png" shows the roughness of the display.

I'm in the 'Model' layout, using 'Modeling' visual style, 3D Modeling work space.  Bricscad Platinum, 16.2.09, Windows 7.

Comments

• Well, perhaps that is not available in 'Modeling' visual style.  I can just switch to '2D Wireframe' visual style, and get rid on the polygon look.
    "2d wireframe cylinder.png"
    image2d wireframe cylinder.png
  • FACETRES. Adjust the smoothness of curved faced 3D solids by increasing or decreasing the number of dividing faces for shaded and hidden views. Acceptable values are between 0.01 – 10, default is 0.5.

Note: Larger FACETRES values incur a high calculation cost. For EXPORT to STL format a larger FACETRES value will give better resolution (and larger file size).

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• Thanks Jason,
    FACETRES works.  I used 8 to get a satisfactory result.  I think that viewing small parts of a large circle is when this matters the most.  Here the box is moved in to have corners on the perimeter of the cylinder.  With FACETRES = .5, it was hard to see.

"facetres 8.png", "facetres 8 plan.png"
    imagefacetres 8 plan.png
    imagefacetres 8.png
This discussion has been closed.