dimensioning problems: arrow heads & leader behind solid

It seems that I have specified Closed Filled arrow heads.  But, I am getting slash like tick marks.  Any suggestions on how to get the arrow heads I want?
"wrong arrow heads.png"

Also, I try to select a face on one side of a solid.  Then, the dimension appears on the other side of the solid. Any idea how or where to select?
"hidden leader.png"

I'm in a paper space layout, using 'Modeling' visual style, 3D Modeling work space.  Bricscad Platinum, 16.2.09, Windows 7.

Comments

• OK, about the 'hieedn leader', this was because of a poor UCS choice.  The dimension was created on the UCS X Y plane, which was behind the object.  This UCS on top of the object works.
    "better UCS.png"

But, I still get the un-wanted type of arrow head.
    imagebetter UCS.png
  • You probably have a dimstyle override.
    You can use the -DIMSTYLE command to check this (note the '-') and then use the _Restore option of that command.
    Making the active dimstyle, or any other style, current in the _EXPDIMSTYLES panel will also get rid of overrides.
  • Thanks for the suggestion Roy.  Unfortunately it did no work.  Perhaps I had already saved some overrides to the style "Standard". 

What did work was to create a new drawing.  From there I copied dimstyle "Standard".  I pasted it do my existing drawing as "Standard1".

I think the difference is DIMSAH variable.  Not sure.
    DIMSAH      On               Controls if DIMBLK or DIMBLK1 and DIMBLK2 are used for arrowheads
    That is displayed with -dimstyle, then st for "status"

I did not find where the DIMBLK blocks are, or how to view them.  Sort of ran out of time.

Here is a comparison of Standard and Standard1 dimstyles: "dim style comparison.png" (big bitmap, lots of scrolling to see it)
    imagedim style comparison.png
  • I don't know what method you used to copy dimension settings across, but you can do this from the drawing explorer. If you paste a style that already exists BricsCAD will give you the option to overwrite, which would also automatically update all the affected objects

https://bricsys.tv/m/?copying-definitions-between-open-drawings-m233

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• @ Eric:
    After removing the active overrides the dimensions that have been created with these overrides do not automatically change. You need to use the _Apply option of the _-DIMSTYLE command (there is a button for this in the 'Dimensions' toolbar).
    When discussing such issues it is usually more helpful to provide a drawing file instead of images.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!