V14-V15-V16 2d/3d image

Q: why V15 and V16 2d/3d images are so bad...compared to V14?

Comments

• A little hard to tell from your image, but you could look at:
    • What you have AntiAliasScreen set to. For values greater than 1 it applies anti alias smoothing to the screen display. Setting it to = 1 will turn it off, this also improves performance.
    • If your using Xrefs or Locking layers you could respectively look at XFWGFADECTL, LAYLOCKFADECTL. These control fading of xrefs and layers.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• A little hard to tell from your image, but you could look at:
    • What you have AntiAliasScreen set to. For values greater than 1 it applies anti alias smoothing to the screen display. Setting it to = 1 will turn it off, this also improves performance.
    • If your using Xrefs or Locking layers you could respectively look at XFWGFADECTL, LAYLOCKFADECTL. These control fading of xrefs and layers.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

V15, V16
    I have 2 viewports (2 monitors). One for 2d and the second for 3d (_shademode Gouraud).
    If I'm turning on the 3d _shademode the first viewport going to fade. If I'm switching  _shademode to 2d wireframe then both viewports looks great.

But in V14 everything is ok.

I have default setting in all V14, V15, V16 programs.
  • The difference between these images is caused by the different amount of light that is applied to the scene.
    In V15 and V16 additional settings became available to control how light is applied.
    If you file a support request and attach the related model, our support analysts can help you out to find the appropriate settings to obtain a darker image.
    Kind regards,
    Hans
This discussion has been closed.