Assign function keys for snap, ortho, etc?

Is it possible to assign function keys to control snap, ortho and grid on/off?

Comments

• Is it possible to assign function keys to control snap, ortho and grid on/off?

Hi Jeff.

They already are

F2= History Window

F3 turns osnap on and off

F4 = tablet on/off

F5 change the plane when in iso mode

F6 = dynmic UCS on/off

F7 = grid on/off

F8 = ortho on/off

F9 = grid snap on/off

F10 = polar tracking on/off

F11 = object snap tracking on/off

Some laptops/pcs have the function keys remapped to do other functions (e.g. Audio controls like play, volume up, down etc.) If that is the case then the function keys will not work in bricscad unless you hold down the "Fn" key and then hit the relevant Function Key. Alternatively, you should be able to go into bios settings and change it so that the function keys work properly and you have to hit the "Fn" key first to make them do the other Audio functions.

It takes a little bit to get use to them and I can't remember which one is which off the top of my head because I just hit them automatically on autopilot without thinking about it. When I first started working with CAD we put a strip of sticky tape above the keys and wrote an abbreviation of what each Function key did. Now you can also see the result with the list of function names along the bottom, RH side of the bricsCAD screen.

Cheers,

Denis

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!