Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using dynamic blocks on v14

I realize that dynamic blocks cannot be edited, but were supposed to be usable on BricsCAD v14.  Since I now have some limited access to AutoCAD, I have opportunity to design some dynamic blocks.  But, when I try to use them in BricsCAD, the results are not usable.

One of the issues is that fields don't seem to update. So, perhaps that is a limitation.  But, the other seems to be that the stretching action is just not working properly.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but these blocks do work when I tried them in AutoCAD 2015.

Perhaps someone can advise me if there are criteria and limitations I should keep in mind when I am creating a dynamic block for BricsCAD v14.  Attached is a DWG with the blocks inserted, and notes about what did not work.

-Joe

Comments

•  FWIW, I tried bringing the drawing into V16 and got an " (4E4F)" error. I was able to open the drawing using the Recover utility but it's possible that a constraint (or several) got left on the table.

Attached jpg shows what I got when trying to duplicate your actions on the dynamic blocks. Not identical results in V16 but similar.
    imagedynblk.jpg
  • Thank you very much for your effort.  I ran an audit on both individual block files on my v14, and both had 4 errors.

I will re-created them with AutoCAD and see if I can get better results.

-Joe
  •  I was HTML-tagged! The actual error I got on bringing it into V16 (via Open not via Recover) was "left angle bracket" AcDbAssoc2dConstraintGroup "right angle bracket" (4E4F) but the inside-the-brackets text was apparently eaten by the forum's parser.

Bringing it in via Recover yielded a few additional complaints, attached as a text file. 

Interestingly, a common value for DBL_MAX is (pulled from ISO/IEC 9899:2011)
    DBL_MAX 1.7976931348623157E+308 // decimal constant
    DBL_MAX 0X1.fffffffffffffP1023 // hex constant
    Then compare that to
    Value: Double - 1.79769e+307; 
    Validation: Invalid; 
    Replaced by: Set to 0.
    in the recovery log.

recover.txt

•  It seems that BricsCAD v14 cannot properly use the Dynamic Blocks that I create on AutoCAD v 2015.

I can't seem to find any predictable pattern to what features work and what don't.  The only thing that seem consistant, is that if I audit the DBLOCK dwg file in BricsCAD, it shows 4 errors.  Though, the same audit done in AutoCAD v 2015 does not show any errors.

Attached are the files, if anyone is interested.

-Joe

Door-Infitting DBlock.dwgDoor-Sliding DBlock.dwg

This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.