Trouble setting up BricsCAD for millimetres

Hello, I generally like BricsCAD but really would like to have it work in millimeters. I have tried for several hours changing it in the "Settings" [option 4] and looking elsewhere in setups, etc but does not work.  Any suggestions gratefully received.
Cheers

Comments

•  What I would do is type "units" on the command line. This brings up the right area in Settings to make the changes. I would then make these changes:

Drawing > Drafting > Drawing units
    1. Change "Insertion units" to "millimeters"
    2. Change "Measurement" to "metric"

Drawing > Drafting > Drawing units > Linear units
    3. Change "Linear unit type" to "Decimal"

I think that's all there is to it, you will be drawing in millimeters. Well, that's what I do for 2-D, I'm not sure if 3-D is different, or which type of drawing you are doing.

Also, when I start a new drawing (Ctrl-n), one of the questions I am asked is "Imperial or Metric". I always choose Imperial because I'm drawing in inches. But if you pick metric, I believe it starts you off drawing in millimeters with settings similar to what I wrote above.
  • Most of those settings (LUNITS, LUPREC) are drawing-specific and stored in the drawing (see Settings, it also shows the storage place);
    this means, you need to adjust your template file(s) for LUNITS, LUPREC etc. .... then, any new drawing using such a template will behave correctly.

Besides, please see the installed, available template files, I'm rather sure there are some with millimeters ...
    if you have such a millimeter template .dwt, set that template as default template for QNEW (see Settings again).

Hope this explains & helps ...
    many greetings !
  • Thanks very much. I also had to tick "Metric" when selection of 2d/3d is done just after opening BricsCAD.
  • For what it's worth, there's also this similar forum thread:
    (question in dutch, but answers in english)

https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/28451&site=3231

Regards
    Tijs
This discussion has been closed.