Importing Atrributes

Is there a way to import attributes from a spreadsheet?
Currently I build a dwg by adding blocks and entering attribute data black by block
I use the Brics EXTRACT command (and a template)
I load the extracted text file into Excel and see all
Great
I would like to be able to EDIT in that spreadsheet, save it, then push it back to Brics
(having all chnages populate the dwg)
Is that possible?
-T

Comments

• If you were to consider third party software, our XL2CAD app has a round trip system for editing block attributes in Excel.  Select inserts and the attributes are exported to Excel.  At any time (even after saving and closing both applications) highlight the content in Excel and recall the changes back to the original blocks.
  • Follow the steps:
    1. Download Express Tools for your version of Bricscad from http://www.cadwiesel.de/    and install
    2. In the new Express  Menu go to BLOCKS > Export / Import Attribute Information

3. Export the Attributes change them and then import them again.
        The Update process is based on the First Column of the Export file the so called Handles of the Block...

I hope this helps !
  • Thanks for the comments.
    I see there is hope!

Before I explore the $145 XL2CAD app...
    ...is it true that CADWiesel requires Pro or Platnum versions of Brics?

• some of the Tools need the opendcl Runtime for displaying dialog boxes. But the most tools also Attin/Attout are running on classic, too.

• Tim,
    If you look at Lee Mac's site you will see he has an excellent lisp routine for updating title blocks using a CSV file with the block name and its attribute value. Have a read of his description and see if this will help.
    Cheers

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!