Using Shift to invoke Ortho

I generally have to invoke Ortho from the menu if I want reliable results. I find the 'Shift' option sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Is there a 'trick' I need to know about this? Or is it a minor bug that has been addressed in later editions (I'm using v.14).

Comments

• Holding the shift key down to momentarily toggle orthomode seems to work reliably on my system, but I never use it so I can't say that it works under all conditions.

Do you know about the F8 toggle of orthomode? It works even during a command, and you don't have to hold it down.

• I don't have any trouble with shift, but because I often have to say touch the zoom wheel or make a snap setting in the middle of it, it's usually better to tap F8 so ortho stays set.
    Shift temporarily reverses the ortho setting, whichever way it was set.
  • Please notice that you can lock/unlock the Polar and Entity Snap  (STRACK) tracking lines by hitting the Shift key. This applies to all polar angles, not only to 0° and 90° as ORTHO does. Locked tracking lines display in red.
  •  I forgot to mention that locked tracking lines, as different from ORTHO, are not overruled by entity snaps.. The esnap point is projected onto the tracking line.
This discussion has been closed.