Line weights, line type, hatching patterns and text difference between ACAD LT 2014 VS BricsCAD V16

Hi,

I have a customer who is using both BricsCAD v16 and AutoCAD LT 2013. Following are the issues the users observed when they edited the drawings in BricsCAD (created by LT): 

1. Line weight: line weights do not reflect correctly in BricsCAD 
2. Hatching pattern: BricsCAD is not able to follow the hatches created in AutoCAD LT and the hatches come back totally different and customer have to re-hatch to match their drawing standards.
3. Line scale: Any dotted lines will be shown as straight lines once the customer open in BricsCAD. And so gridlines, boundary lines, hidden lines have to be re-matched by customer. 
4. Text: BricsCAD is not able to follow the texts created in Autocad LT and the text appears in different style once opened again in Autocad LT. The problem seems to be mainly on "graphic and formatting" as the content is there to follow the drawing standard, re-matching and inputting again is required. 

I have tried to reproduce the issues the customer showed but I could not replicate the issues because I have only Autocad 2016. I am attaching the dwg files and comparison files sent by the customer, can you help me to verify if the customer is right and would appreciate if you can advise and share with me the solutions. 

Thank you!

Regards, 
Jocelyn 

Comments

• My guess is that the settings which affect scaling are not set the same in Autocad and Bricscad.  This could be that one is set for feet or meters as base units and the other is set for inches or centimeters.  I would check INSUNITS, LTSCALE, CELTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, and MSLTSCALE.

It also looks like you do not have the same fonts installed in Bricscad that are installed in Autocad.  

• Jocelyn,

I opened your dwg file in both Bricscad and Autocad, and they look the same. Lineweights, hatches, and text look fine. As Martin said, you have to provide the same fonts to the Bricscad support folder as you did to Autocad, and that applies to lineweights and hatch patterns also, though I don't see any problems with any of those things.

There are no lineweights to distinguish; all the entities have lineweight = Bylayer, and all the non-empty layers have lineweight = Default. If you want all the lines to display darker, in Bricscad or Autocad, you have to adjust the LWDEFAULT variable, turn on LWDISPLAY, and maybe adjust LWDISPSCALE.
    imagescreenshot.png
  •  Hi Martin and Anthony, thank you so much for your input. I am not a CAD user, but i will try out your proposed solutions and let you guys know if i need help. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.