Explorer not opening / showing

Hi,

after clicking on the explorer button nothing is happening. In the status bar is shows _explorer, but I cannot see the explorer. When hit ESC button is disappears and I can move on. But I cannot go to the explorer...

what is the problem?

Comments

• The Drawing Explorer may have gotten moved off-screen somehow. It may come back into the available display area if you change display resolution in the Windows control panel.
  •  Thank you for your reply. Indeed, it does look like the drawing explorer has moved out the screen. However, changing resolution did not the trick. I also removed one screen, unfortunately this did not work. Any other ideas?
  • Start the drawing Explorer and then
    press  Alt+ Spacethen Mthen Arrow Keysto move the window. You can also use the mouse after the first arrow key was pressed
    Press ↵ Enter(to save location)
  • ... it does look like the drawing explorer has moved out the screen....

Follow Patrik's link to Roy's excellent contribution. It WILL resolve your issue.
  • The attached LISP will allow you to reset window locations for individual dialogues such as Explorer, Open File, Settings. It also includes an option to reset ALL windows. It works by deleting the related registry value, BricsCAD will recreate this value with defaults when you next run the command.

With the advent of WORKSPACEs it would seem to me for consistency that these windows positions should be save there rather than in the registry. This is already the case for Toolbars and Palettes (see Post #13 on this topic for details on how to get these back on screen if they're missing).

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

ResetWindow.lsp

• Start the drawing Explorer and then
    press  Alt + Space then M then Arrow Keys to move the window. You can also use the mouse after the first arrow key was pressed
    Press ↵ Enter (to save location)

Thank you! This did the trick
  • I am trying to download Jason's Lisp (note: I am logged in) and I am getting a 'Access to the requested resource has been denied' message.
  • OK, the problem mentioned in post #9 has been fixed. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.