Express Tools on BricsCAD Linux available?

Hi
... maybe CadWiesel knows!

Thanks in advance ...
Peter

Comments

• Hi, Peter,

I think it should ... only the installer might not run (if a Windows ,exe); but when unpacked from a ZIP, then it should work
    (there is a Readme how to manually activate).

The ExpressTools are entirely Lisp, some core ExpressTools API functions are implemented in the core Lisp engine, so I see no reason why it shouldn't run
    (maybe except a very few functions, related to Windows OS).

many greetings !
  •  I have try express tool on linux too, but doesn't work at all. how about we request them to develop a linux version?
  • Hello, Sitian,

as mentioned, the ExpressTools for BricsCAD are pure Lisp, and core Lisp engine functions ...
    can you describe
    - what does not work ?
    - are you sure you installed correctly (on_doc_load.lsp, support paths etc.) ?

many greetings !
  •  Hi Torsten:
    I find the express tool package contain Express.dll, Runtime.Res.dll, will this two file be used? 
    I copy the Express folder into /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v16, is this all right?
    After I install on_doc_load.lsp, support paths, I can load the express tools, but tool bar icon are missing.

• Hi Sitian,

You can put express tools where ever you like as long as you add the folder location to your support file search path (SRCHPATH in SETTINGS). I believe one of the dll may generate the cui, attach the two languages catered for.  Express Tools also includes the OpenDCL runtime, which is windows only. I assume from this some dialogue based commands won't work.

Be aware that some express tool commands are now native to BricsCAD, such as OVERKILL and TXTEXP

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• Hi, Sitian,

indeed, the bitmaps for menu/toolbars are in DLL files ... those can not be used by BricsCAD Linux/Mac, of course.
    I will contact the developer, as we have safer options to put resources (bitmas, icons) into a kind of zip files, which can be used on Linux/Mac then.

For OpenDCL : yes, that is Windows-specific ...
    but as far as I see, there are very few commands only using the OpenDCL approach.

I will also discuss that detail with Martin Drese, maybe some stuff can be reduced to DCL only, which would run on Linux/Mac.
    many greetings !
  •  Thanks guys, hope soon we will see more app can run on mac/linux.
This discussion has been closed.