any stock laptop suitable for BricsCAD BIM?

(as dual-graphic-card are supposedly not supported for hardware graphic acceleration).

I would like to get an laptop. install ubuntu16.04 64bit and be sure that I can run BricsCAD BIM without any compromises when it comes to graphic-hardware-acceleration.

Any (sober) advise or comment greatly appreciated !!!

All the Best,
Marcin

Marcin Piotrowicz, Belfast NI  

Comments

• System76 computers are very solid Linux computers. The cheapest laptop they have that would support hardware acceleration would be the oryx. 

I will say that BricsCAD BIM doesn't run quite as well on Linux than it does on Windows. System76 are probably your best bet. 

• Currently using Platinum Pro under Mint on a Acer B113-M-6697(i5-3317U) , very capable. I use my machine daily tethered to a monitor and Logitech keyboard/mouse using Solaar when I'm not travelling. Works like a charm, economical too.
  • Currently using Platinum Pro under Mint on a Acer B113-M-6697(i5-3317U) , very capable. I use my machine daily tethered to a monitor and Logitech keyboard/mouse using Solaar when I'm not travelling. Works like a charm, economical too.
  • Oops, apologies for the multi post.
  •  I suggest a dell m4700 laptop, very powerful and very stable on linux.  I also chang the latest graphic card to quadro m2000m, with 4 GB display memory, reall easy to update 
  • Thank you all for your help!
    It certainly gives me some orientation in my options.

All the Best,
    Marcin

This discussion has been closed.