DOSLib for BricsCAD V17 Available

Load DOSLib17.brx for BricsCAD V17 32-bit, and load DOSLib17x64.brx for BricsCAD V17 64-bit.

Enjoy!

-- Dale

Comments

• Hi Dale,
    thanks for your quick response !
    The link you provided generates an error ....

I tried      http://wiki.mcneel.com/doslib/home  and it works !

Thanks, Regards, Konstantin
  • Hi Dale,
    thanks for your quick response !
    The link you provided generates an error ....

I tried      http://wiki.mcneel.com/doslib/home  and it works !

Thanks, Regards, Konstantin
  • Thanks for the handy software tool, can you offer some installation assistance?

I received an error while trying to load the DOSLib file.  I copied the file into a directory on the search path and tried to add it to the APPLOAD list.  Is there an other file I need?  (DOSLib17x64_4.02_12.brx)

: APPLOAD
    Loading J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64.brx
    Error loading "J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64.brx": The specified module could not be found.
    J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64_4.02_12.brx.
    J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64.brx loading failed.
  •  Hi Clifford,

I'm confused, what is DOSLib17x64_4.02_12.brx? Did you rename the file(s) distributed with DOSLib?

Is you "J" drive a network drive? Perhaps this is the problem? If you copy the file locally, does it load?

-- Dale
  • Hi Dale,

The _4.02_12 suffix is a Teigha thing. In order to facilitate side-by-side files for different versions, it supports loading a file by base name, even if the actual file has the suffix. The message just indicates that it looked for the file with and without suffix, but couldn't load either.

Regards

• Thanks for the handy software tool, can you offer some installation assistance?

I received an error while trying to load the DOSLib file.  I copied the file into a directory on the search path and tried to add it to the APPLOAD list.  Is there an other file I need?  (DOSLib17x64_4.02_12.brx)

: APPLOAD
    Loading J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64.brx
    Error loading "J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64.brx": The specified module could not be found.
    J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64_4.02_12.brx.
    J:\stds\Bricsys\menu\DOSLib17x64.brx loading failed.

Most likely you haven't unblocked the file after downloading.

In Windows Explorer
    right click on the downloaded zip file.

On the General tab check the Unblock tick box.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

imageDosLIB-Unblock.png
  • Thanks for the helpful hints.

As for the "unblocking" I'm not sure that is the issue.  I downloaded the installer which extracted the files onto Drive C:, so no zip file was involved.

I did copy the file to a network drive (j:), where I keep the files that are different from the ones I use for AutoCAD.  When trying to load the file in that network location, received the error.

I copied the file over to the requested name (having files with both names) and now the program loads.
  • I have found this thread while looking for DOSLib for Bricscad 17 however after downloading the zip file from both this site and the the Bricscad application site there appears to be no DOSLib for version 17 in the zip file.
    The latest file in the extracted doslib901brx.exe is for version 16.
    Any hints?

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited October 2017

@Ian Johnson:
    Try again.
    The doslib901brx.exe file does contain files for BricsCAD versions 9-17.

I have checked this file:
    http://mcneel.s3.amazonaws.com/doslib/doslib901brx.zip

• Thanks Roy,

all good. Not sure what was going on beforehand??

• When is Doslib for V18 coming ?

• Yes, I would like to know about the release of DOSLIB V18, too. :)

This discussion has been closed.