icad layout and vba ...

HelloDoes it exist a version of Icad wich can read the layout of acad 2000/2002 ?This is my problem : I want to read the differents tittle blocks in each layout of a dwg with a vba program. Is it possible ?It is ok with autocad , but cheaper with Icad...Thanks Patrick

Comments

• At present IntelliCAD displays the layout that was current when the drawing was saved in AutoCAD.

• I too would like to see some sort of utitlity which can turn the different layouts on and off.If there are any VBA guru's out there, this would be a great opportunity for your 15 minutes of fame. You would most certainly be loved and admired by all in the IntelliCAD community. It would definitely boost IntelliCAD sales because many offices (like ours) are still stuck with Acad 14 and are looking at IntelliCAD as an alternative to Acad200*. But if IntelliCAD can't deal with layouts there's really not much incentive to switch.I've done some research myself, but my VBA skills could be described as beginer to intermediate at best.What I have found so far is that a layout is an Object and AutoCAD somehow makes this object visable with some sort of radio button type senario (only one layout can be viewed at a time). Another thing I've found is that Floating Viewports are no longer stored as Extended Entity Data, but like layouts are also stored as objects. This explains why you can't extract frozen viewport layers in 2000 like you could in 14.A lot of valuable information can be found at OpenDWG which is an organization that reverse engineers the DWG database and makes it available for free. They're hoping to make DWG open source so that people like you and me can have control over our own data, rather than a corporate monopoly like AutoDesk.I may be naively over-optimistic but I believe that someone with a strong VBA background combined with the info from OpenDWG, should be able to resolve this IntelliCAD problem.Thanks,Sean

This discussion has been closed.