BIM in Bricscad V17

<

div>Hi all,
I see at   https://www.bricsys.com/en_EU/bim/features/     a  rather big sample BIM Project in a dwg file called   Campus_Complex.dwg.

Comments

• oops...!
    something happened after posting the message and it appears to be truncated  ???
    So i repeat it...

I see at   https://www.bricsys.com/en_EU/bim/features/     a  rather big sample BIM Project in a dwg file called   Campus_Complex.dwg (see screenshot).
    It seems to be a completely implemented BIM project with many features and concepts of the new BIM Module !
    Is there a possibility to download the file(s) in order to experiment, study and understand the workings of the new BIM V17 addin ??

Thanks, Regards, Konstantin

imageCampus_Complex.png
  • Would be nice to have a download like  Campus_Complex.dwg so we can examen/figure it out the new BIM system

Can't figure out how it's works.

SITE, BUILDING and STORY

• BIM elements have a 'building' and a 'story' property that can be set.      (can't find it - how does this work)
    • BIMSPATIALLOCATIONS open the Buildings & Stories manager.          (no problems  "easy" to use)
      Thanks, Regards, Gert
  • Would be nice to have a download like  Campus_Complex.dwg so we can examen/figure it out the new BIM system

Can't figure out how it's works.

SITE, BUILDING and STORY

• BIM elements have a 'building' and a 'story' property that can be set.      (can't find it - how does this work)
    • BIMSPATIALLOCATIONS open the Buildings & Stories manager.          (no problems  "easy" to use)
      Thanks, Regards, Gert
  • Hello Bricsys,

since 3 weeks i have asked a BIM specific question but "funny no response" ...!
    Bricscad is entering the "BIM" era so please at least respond in order to help grasping the workings of the BIM module.
    I repeat the question....

I see at   https://www.bricsys.com/en_EU/bim/features/     a  rather big sample BIM Project in a dwg file called   Campus_Complex.dwg (see screenshot).
    It seems to be a completely implemented BIM project with many features and concepts of the new BIM Module !
    Is there a possibility to download the file(s) in order to experiment, study and understand the workings of the new BIM V17 addin ??

Thanks, Regards, Konstantin

• Hi Konstantin, it might be best to ask Bricsys directly in a support request.
    The forum is mainly discussion among we users of the software.
    Sorry I have no experience with BIM.
  • This is a "user question"...
    A question about helping to LEARN and USE software !
  • Hello Konstantin,

for user questions addressed to other users, this forum is the place to use.
    For questions addressed to Bricsys staff, please file a Support Request,
    it is what we try to make clear in the yellowish banner displayed just above the forum 'Reply' text field.

Kind regards,
    Hans
  • Hello Hans,

thanks for your response !
    I do understand you explanation and statement and i will act accordingly.
    In the yellowish banner displayed just above the forum i read though...
    "To report bugs or ask technical questions, please go to the support pages."
    The banner does not make clear your intention that "this forum is only for questions addressed to other users, and NOT addressed to Bricsys staff".
    There are plenty of questions not being bug-reports or of technical nature addressed to Bricsys...what about these ?
    I would kindly suggest to add the statement "this forum is only for questions addressed to other users" to the banner above.

My question is neither a bug report nor a technical question, it is just a "common sense" inquiry,
    whether a file shown in your promotion on-line material and advertisements is accessible or available
    to all users interested in effectivelly using and implementing the newly introduced BIM plug-in V17.
    So the answer could be ...there is a download link or no there isn't any.
    I consider a support request for such a trivial question as an exaggeration.

Best Regards
    Konstantin

•  Hello Konstantin,

We certainly will make the "campus" file available for our users. We are optimizing it and make some educational movies about it. This probably will be the best and fastest way to explain the features used in the model. We make it available ASAP - still could take maybe two or three weeks. So I apologize for this bit of delay between the conference presentation and the release of the model. We do our very best to help all of you and get you ASAP on track with BricsCAD BIM.

Best regards,   erik
  • Hello Erik,

i greatly appreciate your answer to my selfexplanatory question !
    This is good news for future BIM users...

I would also kindly suggest to prepare a comprehensive users's guide, reference guide and API(lisp, brx, .NET) BIM developer's  reference
    for all wishing to automate BIM processes using the plug-in.

I also noticed the change in the yellow Banner above ".....or address the Bricsys staff ...",
    but i still believe this doesn't hold generally that there are plenty of questions and subjects that can be asked and answered "on the fly"
    in this Forum addressed and concerning Bricsys staff, that are not necessarily amenable or make sense to be submitted as a support request.
    They can be found everywhere in this forum concerning lisp, grphic device problems, settings questions, etc
    and the Bricsys staff is very active in participating and providing suggestions and solutions...
    This is also important to keep this forum responsive, quick and effective !
    Support requests provide a different level of communication and complexity and can be very slow in response ....

Thank you so much for responding !
    Best Regards, Konstantin
  • Just to give an update on the Campus_Complex.dwg file you can download here. I also attached the .zip file.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!