Version 17.1.04 (x64) revision 45524 - KEY missing/bugged features so far

After a full day of use of the "latest and greatest" Bricscad V17, I have come across some missing/bugged features for some of the most common commands.

• Mtext - working inside the mtext, not only am I unable to properly COPY the text, it seems like I cannot use ANY command that utilizes the CTRL button (cut, paste, undo, select all, etc.).
  • Previous Plot - it seems like a bug that varies from computer to computer. On mine, when choosing Previous Plot before printing, the program does not remember my paper size (must constantly RE-choose Arch D). On another computer, it spits out some weird Error dialog.
  • STrack/Osnap - a bit too "sticky". When moving, copying, etc., dragging your crosshair around the drawing, you are bound to activate an Osnap. The Strack then (too quickly) activates, prompting the "tracking line". To get rid of the tracking line, usually you would go back to the Osnap point and Hover for a split second to "erase" the tracking point. In this version, hovering does not get rid of the tracking point fast enough. It is actually too difficult to get rid of it.

I will add more as I come across them.
Thanks for reading

Comments

• After a full day of use of the "latest and greatest" Bricscad V17, I have come across some missing/bugged features for some of the most common commands.

• Mtext - working inside the mtext, not only am I unable to properly COPY the text, it seems like I cannot use ANY command that utilizes the CTRL button (cut, paste, undo, select all, etc.).
    • Previous Plot - it seems like a bug that varies from computer to computer. On mine, when choosing Previous Plot before printing, the program does not remember my paper size (must constantly RE-choose Arch D). On another computer, it spits out some weird Error dialog.
    • STrack/Osnap - a bit too "sticky". When moving, copying, etc., dragging your crosshair around the drawing, you are bound to activate an Osnap. The Strack then (too quickly) activates, prompting the "tracking line". To get rid of the tracking line, usually you would go back to the Osnap point and Hover for a split second to "erase" the tracking point. In this version, hovering does not get rid of the tracking point fast enough. It is actually too difficult to get rid of it.

I will add more as I come across them.
    Thanks for reading

lol so in the message box while creating a post, you can see the bullet points, but when you submit, the bullet points disappear.
    is this bugged too? lol

Using the keyboard shortcuts don't work for me either. Works ok when selected from the right click menu. Looks like the CTRL + C action is suspended until you close the MTEXT editor. BricsCAD was going straight into PASTECLIP.

Note this is a User to User forum. You'll will get sympathy and advice on issues here, but for a fix you will need to raise a support request :-)

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• @Steve :
    Previous Plot - it seems like a bug that varies from computer to computer. On mine, when choosing Previous Plot before printing, the program does not remember my paper size (must constantly RE-choose Arch D). On another computer, it spits out some weird Error dialog.

Works fine for me. Perhaps you need to make sure that 'Save changes to layout' is checked in the print dialogue?

Regards,
      Jason Bourhill

Again I don't have this issue, but your SETTINGS and context will be different to me. If you go to POLARMODE in SETTINGS there is an option to use Shift to acquire snap tracking points. Perhaps that will help.

Regards,
      Jason Bourhill

• lol so in the message box while creating a post, you can see the bullet points, but when you submit, the bullet points disappear.
      is this bugged too? lol

Yes, the Forums haven't seen any love in like forever. :-(

Regards,
      Jason Bourhill

• Again I don't have this issue, but your SETTINGS and context will be different to me. If you go to POLARMODE in SETTINGS there is an option to use Shift to acquire snap tracking points. Perhaps that will help.

Regards,
      Jason Bourhill

Thank you for all your replies.
      I will shoot these problems to support as well.
    This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!