Question about "sheet set manager"

Hi everyone,

I've been using Autocad for many years, but we currently try to move on Bricscad, so many options are different, and that's why I got some problems, especially with the sheet set manager.

You can see what I want to do in the attachment. Easy on Autocad, but impossible on Bricscad; If I want to move a group of sheet above another, the group goes in the other group and create another subgroup instead of going above.

The other problem is when I want to move some sheets by selecting many, I keep pressing left-click when I move the group, but only the first one of the selection move, So I have to move one by one, which can be boring if there are lot of sheets.

If I'm note clear, i can add some screenshots.

Thanks for your help ! 

Comments

• Yes, re-ordering sheets by dragging around is currently a pain. A workaround is to use the export to XML option, make you adjustments in an XML editor, then re-import the XML back into BricsCAD.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

•  Wow, it seems complex. I never use XML files, and I don't know how to manipulate it...
    Isn't there another way, or easy tutorial ?
  •  Any idea please ?
  •  My memory is vague about a past thread that discussed this.  It could possibly be this one, but I don't think so. The thread main topic is page numbering.
    Anyway, I re-read that thread, and saw a comment that may have bearing. Daniel Eiszele, wrote; "Are you using a true "sheet set", created with the sheet set command? Or are you using a "sheet list" which is created from within the publish command? The latter will not honour the custom fields as these have to be updated within the sheetset dialog. The file extension for the sheetset is dst whereas the sheet list is dsd."

I also seem to recall a way to sort tabs alphabetically. But, I can't recall the specific steps. I also vaguely recall grabbing multiple pages, and dragging them as a group, or perhaps using an arrow to move them in the list.  I do recall that the "Sheet set" vs. "Sheet list" had different abilities, though their windows looked very similar on screen.

-Joe
  • Hi Joe,

Thank you for your answer !

It seems that you got the same problem in your related post (post #12 from your link).
    Unfortunately, you didn't get a concrete answer either...

Anyway, I didn't find how to grab and drag... If you find this command again, warn me :)

Big negative point for Bricscad if there is no other way than XML editor to manage this... It's a pity, 'cause this tool was very useful with autoCAD.
This discussion has been closed.