Bricscad 17 slow when choosing dimension or MTEXT to edit. Why?

Just recently upgraded to V17 from V16 and noticed that sometimes when selecting a dimension or an MTEXT entity to edit, there is a lag of several seconds before editing starts.  Seems to happen the first time, then if I choose another dim or MTEXT right after it does not happen.  Go to do some other stuff, and then it happens again.

So maybe this is a demand-load of some code to do the editing or something?  But is there any way to make BCAD keep the code in memory and not demand load it?  I have BCAD on an SSD so access to the drive should be fast, but still this happens.

Seems that this was not a problem with V16.

Comments

• I get that in V15.
    Mainly just the first time, noticeable but not too annoying.
  • Based on previous posts I believe that the delay on first run of the MTEXT editor is because the editor is looking at font filess, but I don't remember the specifics.  I do know that the initial delay is much worse when the fonts are on a network drive -- it is almost 30 seconds in my office.  If I change the pathing in Bricscad to use local fonts on a solid state drive the delay is hardly noticeable.  I don't know enough about the internals of Bricscad to know whether it would be practical to move the initialization of the MTEXT function to a background task that runs when Bricscad starts.  My office generally does not use MTEXT so we would not want to see a solution that adds time to the startup sequence for Bricscad.

•  Thanks for the font suggestion -- I tried moving all that stuff to the SSD (where Windows is installed also).  Not sure if it helps, though.  The problem is sporadic.  Definitely just now it took a long time editing a dimension so it has not gone away definitively.
This discussion has been closed.