Can't changing text style in dimension style

Hi,

i have a qustion. My Dimension style somehow got fixed on one Text style and i would like to change it. I can draw an annotation, then change the text style in properties, but can't change it in Dimension Style via editor. What am i doing wrong? also If i make a new dimension style, the text style can't be changed.

If i make a new drawing and make a new text style.. everything from scratch. Nothing. can't change it...

Why can't i do that?

Comments

• From the first part of your description I would conclude that you have overridden the DIMTXSTY.
    To fix this:
    Start the _Dimstyles command.
    Right click a dimstyle and select 'Set Current' (do this even if the style is already current).
    You should now see the 'Overrides not saved' alert and should Just click 'OK'.

The second part of your description makes me doubt that diagnosis. I do not expect this problem to occur in a dwg that was started from scratch. But perhaps you are starting from a template instead?
  • ... Another potential explanation:
    Perhaps you assume that a dimension style will use the current text style. This is not the case. Every dimension style has its own text style setting. You can use the _Dimstyles command to change this setting.
  • ... Of course the name of the command is _Dimstyle (and not _Dimstyles).
  • The attached script will create some dimension styles using a text style call CCL-Romans, which it also creates. Perhaps this may be useful for testing purposes.

Another possibility is that your text style is referencing a font that isn't available on your system. In this situation BricsCAD will default to the font defined by FONTALT.  You can check for this by running EXPLORER and going to the Dependencies panel. This will display a list of all files referenced by your drawing, any that are missing will have an exclamation symbol beside them.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

CCL-Dimvar-M.scr

• Looks like this issue was due to a bug in V17. A fix has been provided with V17.1.12

From the release notes

DIMENSION STYLE EDITOR Dimension text style could not be set using the Dimension Style Editor.
    SR76682

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

This discussion has been closed.