laymch ExpressTools PickAdd?

Is laymch ignoring PickAdd? PickAdd set to 1
In ACAD2006 I pick the item to be changed then pick the button for laymch.
The routine asks for the pick of the layer to match.
Command: laymch
1 found.
Select object on destination layer or [Type-it]:
One object changed to layer zDtl Dim.

In BC17
: laymch
Select objects to be changed:  [color=red]<-- ignores my pre-selected object[color=black]<br>Select entities:
Entities in set: 1
Select entities:
1 found.
Select object on destination layer or [Type-it]:
One object changed to layer zDtl GenNotes.

Comments

• BTW why does it take a minute & 20 seconds to post a new subject after you hit Reply?

• Well the reply only took a minute and six seconds.
    Someone needs to fix that. Any mods around?

• Dear Charles,

probably you mean PICKFIRST - that one controls whether "pre-selected" entities can be used by commands ...
    Nevertheless, even that is not a guarantee that every command will effectively use that "picked-first" selectionset.

many greetings !
  • LAYMCH is an Express Tool command. As far as I can see it isn't included natively with BricsCAD. Some express tools such as, Overkill, and TXTEXP are included. I assume you are using the BricsCAD Express Tools, which includes LAYMCH, and indeed ignores any pre-selection. You would need to ask Martin (CADwiesel) why the command behaves like this.

The attached LISP will do much the same thing. If you pick in a blank space instead of an object it will bring up a dialogue which you can select from. Old routine, pre-dates toolbars with pulldowns and express tools, but still works :-)

BTW I have the same issue with posting times. The forums haven't seen much love in a long  time and lack much of the functionality that you might see on sites like the swamp. :-(

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

ChangeLayer.dclChangeLayer.lsp

• CAB,

This site has always been a bit slow.

You can find LAYMCH.LSP in clear text at http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=24194.  You may have to code around the error handler or find a copy.   It is in AC_BONUS.LSP.  Both files are from 1997 and are for R14.  Both files also have a "free to use as long as you keep the header" statement.
  • Thanks for the feedback. Yes I know Express tools are not an inaugural part of BricsCAD. Just thought I'd bring it up her to see is anyone else had the sane issue.
    I did fashion my own fix.
    [code];;;  Change Objects layer to selected entity.
    ;;;  CAB @ TheSwamp.org 12/20/16

(defun c:layerchange (/ *error* ss ent en el lay)
       ;; error function & Routine Exit
      (defun *error* (msg)
        (if (not (member msg '("console break" "Function cancelled" "quit / exit abort" "")))
           (princ (strcat "\nError: " msg))
        )
        (princ)
      )

(if
        (and
          (or (setq ss (cadr (ssgetfirst)))
              (or (prompt "\nSelect objects to change layer.") (setq ss (ssget)))
          )
          (setq en (car (entsel "\nSelect object for layer to match.")))
        ) ; and
         (progn
           (setq lay (assoc 8 (entget en)))
           (setq i -1)
           (while (setq en (ssname ss (setq i (1+ i))))
             (setq lst (entget en))
             (entmod (subst lay (assoc 8 lst) lst))
           )
           (sssetfirst nil)
         )
      ) ; endif
      (*error* "")
      (princ)
    ) ; end defun[/code]
  • About the slowness of the Forum:
    Refreshing the page after posting has become very, very, very slow somewhere this year.
    I no longer wait for this and just close the page after a couple of seconds. If you do this your messages will post just fine. So I do not understand the reason for the delay.
This discussion has been closed.