Font in folder but not seen by BricsCAD, Why?

I don't get this, all these fonts are in the folder: C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V17 en_US\Fonts
Why is BricsCAD 17 not finding them? That path is in the "Support File Search Path"

Substituting font "romans" by default font.

Substituting font "arch.shx" by default font.

Substituting font "SIMPLEX" by default font.

Substituting font "ARCHSTYL.SHX" by default font.

Substituting font "archstyl.shx" by default font.

Substituting font "txt.shx" by default font.

Substituting font "MONOTXT.shx" by default font.

Substituting font "AVG_TP" by default font.

Substituting font "Swis721 Blk BT" by default font.

Substituting font "Swis721 BdCnOul BT" by default font.

Substituting font "Swis721 BdOul BT" by default font.

Substituting font "helv-ls.shx" by default font.

Substituting font "HelveticaNeue" by default font.

Substituting font "CONDHAND" by default font.

Substituting font "hvsolid.shx" by default font.

Substituting font "condhand.shx" by default font.

Substituting font "Swis721 Lt BT" by default font.

Comments

• The first thing I'd try is going to Settings > settings > files and remove the ...\Fonts entry, then shut down Bricscad, restart, then re-add the Fonts path using the pop-up window.  You may be missing a final \ on the path.

I have noticed that fonts that are added in a Bricscad session do not seem to register in that session.  If I recall correctly it takes a shutdown and restart of Bricscad for new fonts to be registered.  The MTEXT editor also reads fonts the first time it is run in Bricscad, which can cause a delay.  There appears to be a handshake issue if the fonts are on a server and first run of the MTEXT editor can take 30 seconds.  I run Bricscad in as close to SDI mode as possible (including a redefined open command) so I don't know how running in the normal MDI mode may affect this.

I hope you get the bugs sorted out and that you come to like Bricscad as much as I do.  For what I do I prefer it over Autocad.  We switched about 5 years ago.  My systems are highly customized with lisp and ODCL, and we use custom toolbars extensively.  I think you'll really like the vle- functions in lisp.
  • Seems a bit odd, this folder should be on the support file search path by default. I assume you tried a findfile on one of the fonts to confirm?

I don't think this will be the case in your situation, but you can override defaults fonts using a font mapping file "default.fmp".

It looks like you have added additional fonts to the fonts folder? Potentially BricsCAD may have an issue with dealing with a large number of fonts. Maybe try reducing back to the default installed fonts and see whether the issue is still present.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• Yes I added a few fonts. :)
    The issue was in the support paths.
    I added the path again & moved my new fonts folder from the bottom to up near the top of the list & all is well.
    Not sure i need the old fonts path but left it there as well.

Oh I just re-opened settings & BricsCAD removed the other fonts path.
    Maybe it only wants one path to fonts.

All good now.

This discussion has been closed.