Publish - problem with import option V16

I'm missing something on this. When you have multiple drawings to print how does the import option work under page setup column? When I pull up the dwg file that has the page setup needed it does nothing. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this is supposed to work. My intent is to publish a bunch of drawings that have obsolete page setups and using import option so the desired setup can be imported from a template file. Have the latest V16.

Comments

•  A Sheet List file (*.dsd) contains a list of sheets that refer to a series of layouts in one or more specific drawings. It allows to print such sheets (layouts) without actually opening the drawings. 
  •  So using a sheet list file is an alternative to what I'm trying to do? That is not an option under the import file choice. My understanding of the publish command may be off base, I thought it's intent was to enable one to print any group of drawings (w/o them being open) and also be able to dictate what page setup each drawing is to use. Maybe it's not that far along in development yet?
  •  ... I thought it's intent was to enable one to print any group of drawings (w/o them being open) and also be able to dictate what page setup each drawing is to use. Maybe it's not that far along in development yet?
    You need to "... dictate what page setup each drawing is to use." in the *.dsd sheet list file, but you cannot apply a sheet list to another drawing. Sheet lists refer to a specific set of layouts in a specific set of drawings.
  • Dear Tim
    I should have read your first post more carefully. Sorry for that.
    To apply a page setup form another drawing to a sheet in a sheet list, do the following:
    1. Click the Page Setup field of a sheet in the sheet list on the Publish dialog box.
    2. Click the down-arrow, then select Import...
    A File dialog 'Import Pagesetups' displays.
    3. Select the drawing you want to import the page setups from, then double click or click the Open button.
    The File dialog closes.
    All page setups in the selected drawing are available now in the drop down list when you click the down arrow of the Page Setup field of a sheet.
    4. You can now select an imported page setup for a sheet in the currently loaded sheet set.
    5. Save the sheet set to a *.dsd file.
    The path to the imported page setup is saved in the *.dsd file.
    Kind regards

•  Thanks Louis for helping it make more sense to me. I wonder in the future if they could expand on publish capabilities by being able manipulate the print orientation from that dialog box, might be asking too much. Thanks again for responding.
  •  This is still not working. I select a group of older drawings that have obsolete page setups to print hard copies, try to import a current page setup from a template but nothing happens. Am I the only one that encounters this? See pic attached if that helps. Maybe I should file a support request.  
    imagepublish pic.JPG
This discussion has been closed.