Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arbitrary zoom in/out and panning while picking points during a command

Hi everybody.

Just switched to ver. 16.2.18 revision 46383 under Linux Mint 18.1 (4.4.0-57-generic) from a similar setup (Linux Mint 17.3, 16.X.XX version of Brickscad).

I am noticing arbitrary zoom in/out and panning while picking points during a command. Minor artifacts (e.g. lines) may also appear some of the times.

Has anybody else faced this problem?

Comments

• Seems like a replot/regen problem after all.
    It is done in an arbitrary and rather broken way while picking points during a command on Brickscad ver. 16.2.18 revision 46383 under Linux Mint 18.1 (4.4.0-57-generic) on Intel integrated graphics.
  • Yes, I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I started using a new computer and new operating system (from Linux Mint DE to Linux Mint 18.1) at the same time as I did the version upgrade, so I can't be certain the problem is with Bricscad rather than the new computer or new OS. I do not notice any display problems with any other software though.
  •  Forgot to mention, also using Bricscad Version 16.2.18 revision 46383.
  • The problem went finally away by setting GL SWAP Mode from [2] to [0].
    I hope this helps others who face a similar issue.
  • Fotios ! opensuse leap 42.2, Mageia 5.1 - Thank you, it works perfectly now. See attachment.
    imageScreenshot_20170218_123501(2).png
  • I have the same problem running either BricsCAD 16 or the newly installed version 17. My system in a 3 year old laptop, i-5, 64-bit, quad with Linux Mint 18.1 installed.
    The issue:
    When I am in the middle of a command and need to zoom-in to pick a point using snap, almost every time the display goes wild, jumping to some random degree of zoom, sometimes the whole screen display becomes a mosaic of colors or a few lines appear briefly, until I scroll the mouse wheel. I have to scroll back and forth a few times to get the display to settle down so I can pick the point/object I am seeking. It doesn't matter what command I am in. It happens if I am drawing a line, creating a dimension, or other commands. It seems to mainly happen in the midst of a transparent zoom or pan, though it sometimes happens as soon as I enter the command, before I pick the first point of a command requiring a minimum of two points.

This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.