Working in network

Hi everybody,
I guess the problem I have is easy to solve, however I can not solved it. I use BricsCAD Platinum Versión 16.2.14 (x64) revisión 44207 in me laptop in company network, but when I try open a file, I have not access to the network (attached image), and neither to save to network. Can I solved it?
Thank you very much

Comments

• Hi Victor

You provide very little info for me to help you, but indeed BricsCAD works just fine working with files on mounted network drives.

If your network mountpoint is defined in the file '/etc/fstab' it should show up as one of the disks in your file chooser, but if your network drive is mounted in some other way you might have to chose "File System" and then navigate to the directory where your network drive is mounted.

If your network is only available through ftp, or similar file transfer protocols, you will not be able to work directly with its files, but I assume you already know this.

What network protocol do you use to mount your network drive: Fuse/SSHFS (We use it at our office), NFS, or Cifs/Smb?
  • To be honest, this is actually not related to your cad application (but I will still try to help you off course); BricsCAD use the standard GTK+ file chooser, so I guess your network drive does not show up in any application using the GTK+ graphical tool-kit (try Inkscape or Gimp for example). Im I right?
This discussion has been closed.