Color of Blocks

Hi,

Is there a possibility to change the appearance of a block without changing the definitions inside the block. I want the block to look completely gray or yellow or some other colour, but I don´t want to change the definitions of all the elements inside the block.
I have tried to change the colour to "from block", even tried to change the colour in the modelwindow on my layout.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• If the entities *inside* the block definition have color 'ByLayer' you can change the color of each block reference.
    But I am not sure if that is what you want.
  • I should rephrase that...
    If the entities *inside* the block definition have color 'ByLayer' they will adopt the color of the block reference.
  • I understand that you want to do some color changes without changing those objects inside.  There is not way to override that without changing the objects inside the block.  Though, there are some LISP utilities that will do things like edit the block for you and change everything to be on layer 0.  They may have other features, but I have not used them beyond the most basic version.

Without changing the block entities, the results will depend upon how the entities inside the block are done.  Note that layer 0 is special, and any entities inside the block, if they are set to be "by layer", then they will take on the color of the layer where the block is inserted. If the internal entities are on any layer but 0 and are set to be "by layer" they will stay the color of their individual layer, regardless of the layer of the block insertion.  If the internal entities are set to the color "by block" then what ever the block is set to will govern that object's color.  So, then you can set a block to be "by layer" or to a specific color, and those internal entities set to "by block" will inherit that color.

-Joe
  •  Not shure what you want  but like Roy says the object in the block adapt the layerstyle if the objects inside the blocks are defined as 'ByLayer'.
    you can also have som lines by layer so that you can see what they connect to. Maybe you can make double layers named  'plumbing active' in colour and 'plumbing inactive' in grey .. If you move the object to a inactive layer it will grey out.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions, that is what I thought.
    I just hoped, that there is a different way, just like using  for example a grayscale-plotstyle on just the block.

I quite often get drawings with blocks inside (with plannings from different offices) which have only one colour, and I wondered how they do it...

Ingo

• I quite often get drawings with blocks inside (with plannings from different offices) which have only one colour, and I wondered how they do it...  

Can you post one such file? Then maybe we can see what you're trying to do. If it's a DWG file, there should be some way to do it with Bricscad.
  •  Yet another idea is that if the entities in the block are on various layers, the layers in viewports can have layer over-rides set, that allow them to appear different colors.

-joe
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!