Lost text editor window

I have lost my single-line text editor window in my ver14 on Window 7.  Note that this is not mtext.  This an old-fashioned single-line-only text object. 

When I double-click text, the window apparently opens off-screen.  But, since it does not appear on the Windows task bar, I cannot use the standard Windows methods for finding wondering windows.  Nor can I use the Roy Klein Gebbnic roubtine called BKG_FindToolbar.lsp, since I cannot start that command because the dialog box to edit text takes president. 

I suppose I can edit the registry to try to reset its postion, but I don't know the name of that dialog box.  It is not something like BRICSCAD.TB_TextEditor. 

I found that I can just use the general properties window, and edit the text field.  But, how can I get that window back. Any suggestions?

-Joe

Comments

• Does the window appear correctly if you load a different User Profile?
  • Look here (Default profile):
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\Bricscad\V14\en_US\Profiles\Default\Windows\rect
  • You can use the attached LISP to reset various dialogue positions.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

ResetWindow.lsp

•  Thanks for all the replies.  

Yes, the problem appears for all user profiles.  It seems that BricsCAD gets confused by multiple monitors.  I had changed one of my monitors to be one witha higher resolution, and actually a lot of my dialog boxes are positioned at least a bit off-screen.  I think the logic is that the program looks a the max totoal horizontal and vertical pixel count of the two monitors, and then scales the positions to keep them in the same relative position as you change resolutions.  But, in my case, the 2nd monitor is in landscape mode at 1920x768, whereas my primary monitor is rotated to be portrait at 1200x1600. So, I assume it was scaling the position based on the total max resolution, which put the smaller dialog boxes out of reach of my landscape monitor.

Anyway, I used the Lisp provided by Mr Bourhill, and it did the trick.  It presents a menu, where you have a choice of resetting all dialog boxes, or from a list of some of them.  It does not affect tool boxes.

-joe
  • Thanks guys - the lisp routine did it!

This discussion has been closed.